University of Colorado sets schedule for presidential finalist forums
Mark Kennedy will meet with CU community members at four campuses, system administration offices
DENVER – Mark Kennedy, University of Colorado presidential finalist, will visit each of the four campuses and system administration offices to meet with CU community members the week of April 22.
The CU Board of Regents this week named Kennedy as its finalist for president. He will spend one day at each location, meeting with representatives from faculty, staff and student governance groups, and campus leadership teams. He also will speak at a series of open forums (schedule below).
Kennedy will tour each campus and participate in receptions with key business and community members, as well as donors.
Participants in the meetings and events will be invited to provide feedback via an online form. All comments on the finalist will be provided to the Board of Regents.
In advance of his arrival, Kennedy today issued a letter to the CU Community.
“I am honored and humbled that the Board of Regents has named me as finalist for the CU presidency and I look forward to visiting each campus to meet as many of you as possible,” Kennedy wrote. “I am excited about the prospect of working together to elevate the positive impact and reputation of CU.”
See the full letter here: https://www.cu.edu/news/open-letter-university-colorado-community-presidential-finalist-mark-kennedy
See Kennedy’s CV here: https://www.cu.edu/finalist-cv
The campus forum schedule, subject to change, is:
- CU system administration and CU Foundation: 3:15-4:15 p.m. April 22, Warwick Hotel, Capitol Ballroom, 1776 Grant St., Denver
- University of Colorado Colorado Springs: 1:30-2:30 p.m. April 23, University Center, Room 116, 1420 Austin Bluffs Parkway, Colorado Springs
- University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus: 3:30-4:30 p.m. April 24, Education 2 North, Room 1102, 13120 E. 19th Ave., Aurora
- University of Colorado Denver: 3:15-4:15 p.m. April 25, Student Commons, Room 2600, 1201 Larimer St., Denver
- University of Colorado Boulder: 10:15-11:15 a.m. April 26, Macky Auditorium, 1595 Pleasant St., Boulder
For those unable to attend in person, video of the forums will be available either via livestreaming or recording. CU Colorado Springs and CU Boulder plan livestreams; video of the CU Anschutz and CU system events will be made available after the forums. Details on video of the CU Denver forum will be announced soon.
Note: Times, dates and locations of forums are subject to change. Before attending, please confirm current details at https://www.cu.edu/presidential-search/finalist-open-forum-schedule.
For more information contact: Ken McConnellogue