The Elizabeth D. Gee Memorial Lectureship Award recognizes and honors an outstanding faculty member of the University of Colorado for efforts to advance women in academia, interdisciplinary scholarly contributions, and distinguished teaching. Instituted in 1992, the award is named for Elizabeth Gee, a faculty member in the School of Nursing at CU Anschutz Medical Campus and the late wife of former CU president, Gordon Gee. The Gee award is the only award in the CU system that specifically recognizes outstanding work on women's issues and a concerted effort to advance women in the academy. It carries with it a $1,000 cash prize, and the recipient is invited to present their scholarly work at the Gee Memorial Lecture during the CU Women Succeeding Professional Development Symposium.
Any full-time faculty member from any of the CU campuses may be nominated. Previous nominees are encouraged to re-apply. Preference will be given to nominees who have been with CU for at least five years.
The criteria for selecting recipients of the award are as follows:
- Efforts to advance women in academia beyond her/his/their own department;
- Significant and original scholarship and/or creative work;
- Interdisciplinary scholarly contributions;
- Distinguished teaching.
To nominate a candidate, please submit the following:
- A completed, one-page nomination form is attached and submitted with the final nomination package.
- An abbreviated curriculum vitae prepared by the nominee (not more than two pages in length) and can be limited to the most recent five years of the nominee’s career.
- List of accomplishments - the list should be prepared using bullet sections; completed sentences are not required. It briefly highlights the nominee’s record of superior accomplishments, including how the accomplishments of the individual are reflective of the institution, college, and department missions. The summary of accomplishments may not exceed two pages in length.
- A minimum of three letters of support from the University community and the extended academic community.
You must electronically submit the nominating packet as a single PDF file using the label in lastname.pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org for the nomination to be considered.
- For questions about submissions, please email: email@example.com
- 2019 Gee Award Nomination Form Word Doc
- 2019 Gee Award Nomination Form PDF Doc
|1993||Barbara Engel, CU Boulder, History|
|1994||Nancy Zahniser, CU Anschutz Medical Campus, Pharmacology|
|1995||Margaret Ferguson, CU Boulder, English|
|1996||No Award Given|
|1997||Loran Moore, CU Denver, Anthropology|
|1998||Susan Avery, CU Boulder, Electrical Engineering
Dorothea Olkowski, UCCS, Philosophy
|1999||No Award Given|
|2000||Lyn Taylor, CU Denver, Education
Susan Clarke, CU Boulder, Political Science
|2001||Margaret Ann Eisenhart, CU Boulder, Education|
|2002||Melinda Piket-May, CU Boulder, Computer & Electrical Engineering|
|2003||Judith Regensteiner, CU Anschutz Medical Campus, General Internal Medicine|
|2004||Marianne Wesson, CU Boulder, School of Law|
|2005||Kristi Anseth, CU Boulder, Chemical & Biological Engineering|
|2006||Abby Ferber, UCCS, Sociology and Women's Studies
Patricia Rankin, CU Boulder, Physics
|2007||Peggy Neville, CU Anschutz Medical Campus, Medicine Physiology & Biophysics, Obstetrics & Gynecology|
|2008||Mary Coussons-Read, CU Denver, Psychology
Andrea Herrera, UCCS, Women's & Ethnic Studies
|2009||Joanne Belknap, CU Boulder, Sociology|
|2010||Laura Borgelt, CU Anschutz Medical Campus, Pharmacy & Medicine|
|2011||Alison M. Jaggar, CU Boulder, Philosophy|
|2012||Brenda Allen, CU Denver, Diversity & Inclusion|
|2013||Eva Aagaard, CU Anschutz Medical Campus, Medicine|
|2014||Carol M. Rumack, CU Anschutz Medical Campus, Medicine|
|2015||Terra McKinnish, CU Boulder, Economics|
|2016||Dana Dabelea, CU Anschutz Medical Campus, Epidemiology|
|2017||Jan Whitt, CU Boulder, Journalism|
|2018||Anne M. Libby, CU Anschutz Medical Campus, Emergency Medicine|