The President’s Employee of the Year Award will be presented to one system administration employee in recognition and appreciation of exceptional job performance. An award of $1,000 (subject to payroll taxes) will be presented to the chosen employee at a recognition reception hosted by System Staff Council.
All system administration classified or university staff employees, who have been employed with the university for a minimum of a year, may be nominated for the award. (Temporary employees, student workers, university officers, and staff council nomination committee members are ineligible for this award.) Nominations are accepted from fellow staff, faculty or students who have first-hand knowledge of the nominee's performance.
Letters of Nomination
1. Provide a letter of nomination with specific examples of each of the criteria listed below.
2. The nominee’s supervisor and department head must provide written approval of the nomination by signing the nomination letter.
3. Two additional letters of support from any CU employee or student.
The nomination packet (nomination letter and supporting letters combined) should not exceed six pages. Refer to the rubric for further information. Please refer to the examples of a strong nomination letter and a weak nomination letter. (Note: These letters are meant as an example ONLY.)
Performance: Completion of work tasks that exceed expectations in the following criteria areas.
- Consistency in meeting deadlines
Customer Service: Delivery of customer service that exceeds expectations in the following criteria areas.
- Willingness to assist
- Attitude in assistance
- Ability to communicate successfully with individuals from different backgrounds, etc.
Teamwork: Contributing towards a common goal and optimizing the skills and knowledge of all individuals in ways that exceed expectations in the following criteria areas.
Leadership/Initiative:Readiness and ability to initiate action to achieve goals, demonstrating authenticity, engagement, vision, imagination, and valuation of colleagues/institution.
Call for Nominations
- The annual call for nominations will be announced September 20, 2017.
- All annual nominations must be received by no later than 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, November 1, 2017. If no qualified nominations are received by the deadline, no award will be given.
- The award recipient will be announced the third week in November.
- All nominees will be notified of their nomination, by the nominations committee, via email, as the nomination is submitted.
- The award recipient and their nominator(s) will be notified, by the nominations committee, via hand-delivered letter (if possible) the second week in November.
- The other nominees and their nominator(s) will be notified, by the nominations committee, via hand-delivered letter (if possible) the second week in November, after the award recipient and their nominator(s) have been notified.
- System Staff Council will announce the award recipient, via a System Staff Council email announcement, system-wide, by the end of the second week in November.
- The award recipient will receive a plaque of recognition at an annual awards ceremony to be held in December.
- The other nominees will receive a certificate of recognition at an annual awards ceremony to be held in December.
- Copies of the nomination submissions packet, will be provided to all nominees after the winner is announced.
The nomination committee will consider all nominations and make a determination, using the rubric, based upon the criteria listed above.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
|2016||Isabella Muturi Sauve, Faculty Counsel|
|2015||Jon Arnold, University Relations|
|2014||Erin Russell, Employee Services|
|2013||Brian Dyet, Office of University Controller|
|2012||Nathan Chen, Technology Transfer|
|2011||Brad Baker, University Information Systems|
|2010||Lisa Affleck, Payroll and Benefit Services|
|2009||Yuki Busch, University Information Systems|
|2008||Megan Princehouse, Silver and Gold Record|
|2007||Betsy McGuire, University Information Systems|