An award of $1,000 (subject to payroll taxes) will be presented to the chosen employee at a recognition reception hosted by System Staff Council.
All system administration classified or university staff employees, who have been employed with the university for a minimum of a year, may be nominated for the award. (Temporary employees, student workers, university officers, and staff council nomination committee members are ineligible for this award.) Nominations are accepted from fellow staff, faculty or students who have first-hand knowledge of the nominee's performance.
Letters of Nomination
1. Provide a letter of nomination with specific examples of each of the criteria listed below.
2. The nominee’s supervisor and department head must provide written approval of the nomination by signing the nomination letter (digital signature or email is sufficient).
3. Two additional letters of support from any CU employee or student (optional).
The nomination packet (nomination letter and supporting letters combined) should not exceed six pages. Refer to the rubric for further information. Please refer to the examples of a strong nomination letter and a weak nomination letter. (Note: These letters are meant as an example ONLY.)
Performance: Completion of work tasks that exceed expectations in the following criteria areas.
- Consistency in meeting deadlines
Customer Service: Delivery of customer service that exceeds expectations in the following criteria areas.
- Willingness to assist
- Attitude in assistance
- Ability to communicate successfully with individuals from different backgrounds, etc.
Teamwork: Contributing towards a common goal and optimizing the skills and knowledge of all individuals in ways that exceed expectations in the following criteria areas.
Leadership/Initiative: Readiness and ability to initiate action to achieve goals, demonstrating authenticity, engagement, vision, imagination, and valuation of colleagues/institution.
Call for Nominations
Call for Nominations
- The annual call for nominations will be announced the week of July 24, 2023
- All annual nominations must be received by no later than 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, August 22, 2023. If no qualified nominations are received by the deadline, no award will be given.
- The award recipient will be announced no later than the last week in August.
- System Staff Council will announce the award recipient, via a System Staff Council email announcement, system-wide, by Sept. 1, 2023
- The award recipient will receive a plaque of recognition at an annual awards ceremony to be held in September.
- The other nominees will receive a certificate of recognition at an annual awards ceremony to be held in September.
The nomination committee will consider all nominations and make a determination, using the rubric, based upon the criteria listed above.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
|2022||Tara Dressler, University Counsel|
|2021||Bethany Highfill, Procurement Service Center|
|2020||Elizabeth Collins, President's Office|
|2019||Alexis Kelly, Treasurer's Office|
|2018||Stephanie Sheldon, Employee Services|
|2017||Darrell Stevens, Advancement|
|2016||Isabella Muturi Sauve, Faculty Counsel|
|2015||Jon Arnold, University Relations|
|2014||Erin Russell, Employee Services|
|2013||Brian Dyet, Office of University Controller|
|2012||Nathan Chen, Technology Transfer|
|2011||Brad Baker, University Information Systems|
|2010||Lisa Affleck, Payroll and Benefit Services|
|2009||Yuki Busch, University Information Systems|
|2008||Megan Princehouse, Silver and Gold Record|
|2007||Betsy Maguire, University Information Systems|