Enter for Chance to Win $100 Cash!
Complete the Information Security Awareness training course soon for a chance to win $100 cash! Regardless of when you last completed the course, you may take it again between Oct 2 and Nov 30, 2023, and be automatically entered into the prize drawing.
On Dec 1, 2023, the Office of Information Security will randomly select six employees who completed the course in the designated time period. The cash prize will be directly deposited into the same account you use for payroll. OIS will also pay the taxes.
Visit the Information Security Course Compliance FAQs webpage for more information.
In celebration of Cybersecurity Awareness Month, each campus will host a live webinar, providing an opportunity for you to learn from the experts. The webinars are open to everyone in the CU community and will cover topics that are useful and relevant to reducing cyber risks at work and home. Learn about top cyber threats, data protection after a breach, requirements for handling research data and more.
If you are unable to attend the live event, visit this webpage afterward to learn how to access the recording.
Monday, October 16, 2023, from 5:00 to 6:00 PM MT
Join representatives from University of Colorado Colorado Springs and U.S. Cybersecurity Infrastructure and Security Agency (CISA) who will share some great cyber stories and recent cyber hacks to illustrate the importance of cyber safety. Panelists will tie each of their stories back to cybersecurity safety tips that will help you better secure your personal presence online. Hosted by UCCS, this webinar is available to faculty and students throughout the CU community.
Panelists and discussion topics:
- Gretchen Bliss, Director of Cybersecurity Programs and webinar moderator
- David Sonheim, Chief of Cybersecurity and Supervisor of Region 8, CISA
- Charles Wertz, Information Security Officer, will present What You Should Do After a Data Breach
- Greg Williams, OIT Director of Networks and Infrastructure, will present Multi-Factor Authentication: What Is It, How to Use it, and Why It's Important
- Arthur Simental, Director of Emergency Management, will discuss the recent University of Michigan breach and the importance of strong passwords/passphrases
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you have about the webinar.
Tuesday, October 17, 2023, from 1:00 to 2:00 PM MT
Research is foundational to the mission of CU. Regulations, laws, and grant providers have begun introducing strict cybersecurity requirements regarding data handling, storage, and access. Navigating this landscape is fraught with pitfalls, and the ability to rapidly demonstrate compliance can be the difference between winning or losing a grant. Attend a panel of subject matter experts from different departments at CU Boulder for a discussion about the challenges and opportunities we see ahead, as well as resources available to researchers to comply and adequately secure technology and intellectual property.
- Greg Furlich - Research Associate, Center for National Security Initiatives
- Debbie Geha - IT Security Analyst, Security, Office of Information Technology
- Justin Mack - Research Security Coordinator, Research & Innovation Office
- Barbara Schnell - Associate Director of Secure Research Computing, Office of Information Technology
Moderator: Scott Maize - Associate Director of Information Security, Office of Information Technology
The webinar will be recorded and made available afterward.
Thursday, October 19, 2023, from 12:00 to 1:00 PM MT
Hosted by the CU Anschutz Medical Campus and CU Denver Office of Information Security and IT Compliance, this webinar is available to faculty and students throughout the CU community.
The panel discussion will review top cyber threats, the current cybersecurity climate of the university, phishing attempts and security best practices, how to stay secure now that university travel is more frequent again, and they will answer attendees’ questions. Everyone, across all campuses, is welcome to attend and ask questions.
- David Capps, Chief Information Security Officer, University of Colorado
- Brad Judy, Deputy Chief Information Security Officer, University of Colorado
- Charlotte Russell, Assistant Vice Chancellor for IT Security and Compliance, CU Anschutz Medical Campus and CU Denver
- Sean Clark, Information Security Officer, CU Anschutz Medical Campus and CU Denver
- Sarah Braun, Information Security Officer, CU Boulder
- Keith Leigh, Information Security Officer, System Administration
- Charles Wertz, Information Security Officer, UCCS
A recording of the webinar is now available through the CU Anschutz Information Security and IT Compliance website.