Who we are, what we do and why it matters
For centuries, people have been drawn to Colorado for discovery, individual success and better lives. We are the University of Colorado, and we embody that spirit by investing in the people, places and ideas that will move Colorado and the nation successfully into the future.
We are a recognized leader in higher education on the national and global stage. We collaborate to meet the diverse needs of our students, faculty, staff and communities. Our purpose is to promote innovation, encourage discovery and support the extension of knowledge in ways unique to the state of Colorado.
The University of Colorado advances the economy, culture and health of Colorado and the nation.
The personality and character of our brand
How we communicate in support of our position, organized under four areas of excellence and impact
- We are a leader in higher education for the state, providing the broadest range of educational opportunities.
- We provide a distinctive balance of traditional and experiential learning that supports a broad range of faculty and student endeavors.
- Our research directly benefits Colorado, from health care advancement to technology innovation.
- We cultivate people and ideas to create value for the state of Colorado.
- We are an essential part of the fabric of communities across Colorado.
- We play a significant role in sustaining economic social and cultural vitality in the state, and we extend our reach to a national and global stage.
- We drive health care innovation, delivery and education for Colorado and beyond.
- We improve health by treating and curing disease through research and innovation.