Have you improved a business process? Share your success and you might win a $1,500 cash award! Learn more about the CU Innovation & Efficiency Awards
CPE for CPAs Policies
Course Updates Policy
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all activities, materials, and delivery systems used in CPE programs are current, technically accurate, and effectively designed. Furthermore, the University has a responsibility to be qualified in the subject matter of all CPE programs offered. The University will conduct an annual review, by qualified individuals, of all CPE program activities, materials, and delivery systems.
Complaint Resolution Policy
Complaints in regards to CPE Courses at the University of Colorado will be facilitated through the CPE Program Manager. The CPE Program Manager will make every effort to resolve complaints satisfactorily for all parties involved. Participants in the CPE Programs at the University of Colorado will be provided with contact information for the Continuing Professional Education Program Manager.
Program Cancellation Policy
The University reserves the right to cancel the program five business days or more prior to the program date. Emergencies or enrollment issues may prompt a change in or cancellation of a scheduled program. In the case of an altered or canceled program, all program participants will be notified immediately. Whenever possible, program alterations and cancellations will be notified to participants five business days prior to the program date. The University is not responsible for participant travel costs in the event that the program is canceled five business days or more prior to the program date.
Program Content Development Policy
To ensure that each course content and level equates to the background of intended participants, a learner analysis will be conducted for each course. The learner analysis will include identification of the following:
- Expected number of participants
- Location of participants
- Educational background and professional experience of participants
- Language or cultural differences of participants
- Motivation of participants
- Participant characteristics
- Specific interests of participants
Content Delivery and Review
To ensure that each course uses activities, materials, and delivery systems that are current, technically accurate, and effectively designed, and that content is based on relevant learning objectives and outcomes, the courses will be reviewed by qualified individuals, outside of the development team, on an annual basis.
All participants must register for a course at least one week in advance, and pay the registration fee at that time.
- Full refunds will be granted to cancellations or transfer requests made six business days or more prior to the program.
- A 10% cancellation/transfer fee will apply to cancellations or transfer requests made two to five business days prior to the program.
- A 50% cancellation/transfer fee will apply to cancellations or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program.
- No refunds will be granted to cancellations the day of the program or if no notice of cancellation is received.
Record Retention Policy
The University has a responsibility to maintain and retain adequate documentation for a period of no less than five years. Adequate documentation includes a signed class roster for each CPE program offered, a copy of the certificate of completion administered to each participant at the conclusion of each CPE Program offered, and evaluation forms completed by participants received at the conclusion of each CPE Program offered.
The University has the following pricing policy for all CU CPE courses offered:
- Internal Registrants - The CU CPE program is offered at no cost to current CU employees. This excludes retirees of the University and contract workers.
- External Registrants, Including Retirees and Contract Workers - The CU CPE program is offered at $20/credit hour for all non-CU employees (including retirees and contract workers.) However, if a non-CU employee, retiree, or contract worker registers for an entire day of CU CPE, the non-CU employee will pay no more than $100 for the entire day.
- Fees for external participants, retirees, or contract workers may be waived at the discretion of the University Controller