Overview: The PeopleSoft Finance System (FIN) is a Web-based application that allows University of Colorado employees to perform the tasks needed to manage financial information. It is used to transact, post, calculate, reconcile, store and report all financial activity of the university. The system includes the following modules:
- General Ledger
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Asset Management
The FIN also integrates with CU Marketplace (the university’s procurement system) and Concur Travel and Expense and ePERS (Electronic Personal Reporting System - certifies exempt employee effort on sponsored projects). Additionally, the following systems feed data into the FIN:
- Campus Solutions, which sends voucher information for payment of student refunds and other accounting entry data.
- HRMS, which sends accounting entry and other payroll information related to staff.
- Many other sources of journals and voucher data from both campus sources and external sources.
- Data from the Finance system is fed to the State of Colorado’s Financial System (COFRS) and the Central Information Warehouse (CIW), making it available for most reporting needs.
These interfaces, among many others, are an integral part of the FIN.
Benefits and Features: Some of the benefits and functionality of the FIN include:
- System integration within the FIN modules and with other systems, allowing for uniformity of tools and ease of using or accessing data.
- Online, real-time edits for financial information like valid values for particular fields and business rules, which helps users create journal entries and when entering other data. This helps ensure correct entries from the start and eliminates the need for after-the-fact corrections.
Who is eligible to use the service: Any CU employee or Person of Interest (POI) with a business need to access the FIN.
How to request access to the service: For information on how to request access to the FIN, see the Access website.
Alias information / service history: CU’s finance system vendor is PeopleSoft. The current modules installed are: General Ledger (GL), Purchasing (PO), Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Billing (BI), Projects (PC) and Asset Management (AM).
Related services: Concur Travel and Expense, CU Marketplace, Personal Effort Reporting System (ePERS)
Guaranteed Availability for Finance only: 7am – 6pm, M-F
Escalation Contacts: 8am - 5pm. First level of daytime support: FinProHelp, 303-837-2161.
Escalation Procedure: Contact FinProHelp for escalation.