Regent Laws and Policies Review Project - Charge
Regent Laws and Policies Review Project
Subject: Resolution Charging Regents’ Laws and Policies Committee to Review Regents Laws and Policies
Approved: November 6, 2015
RESOLVED that the Board of Regents hereby directs the Laws and Policies Committee to undertake a formal review of all Regent Laws and Policies to:
- Evaluate the existing Laws and Policies structure
- Simplify the Regent Laws and Policies to ensure that they are written in a manner that allows members of the university community to understand their obligations
- Update Regent Laws and Policies, as needed, to conform to current institutional best practices and statutory requirements
- Better align Regent Laws and Policies with Administrative Policy Statements and campus policies
- Rescind any Regent Laws and Policies that are no longer needed or that are better addressed as Administrative Policy Statements or campus policies
- Consolidate Regent Laws and Policies when appropriate
- Perform gap analysis to determine if there are areas where the Regents should enact additional Regent Laws and/or Policies
- Ensure that the Regent Laws and Policies are consistent with the Mission and Guiding Principles of University of Colorado
RESOLVED that the Board of Regents charge the Vice President, University Counsel and Secretary of the Board to lead the review, in coordination with the Senior Vice President and Chief of Staff.
RESOLVED that the review shall involve those who possess particular expertise that will assist the Board of Regents, including representatives from the system administration, campus administration, and representatives of shared governance.
RESOLVED that the review shall be conducted consistently with the Board of Regents’ principles of shared governance.
RESOLVED that the review begin on January 1, 2016, and be completed in 18-24 months with quarterly updates transmitted to the Board of Regents.