On Friday, Oct 28, the FinPro Help Desk will be closed 11:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. for a staff event.
How to Buy Service Agreements for Laboratory Equipment
This commodity includes service agreements for laboratory and scientific equipment. For information regarding the purchase of the actual equipment, see How to Buy Laboratory Equipment & Supplies.
Procurement Options and Procedures
- $5,000 or less Use your Procurement Card or a Department Purchase Order (DPO).
- Above $5,000 Use a PO Requisition in CU Marketplace
Service Agreements Your Purchasing Agent Needs
- Up to $50,000: The unsigned Service Agreement, including terms, conditions, and vendor contact information
- over $10,000 that are not bid: All documentation described above, plus evidence that what the University is paying is "fair and reasonable"
- $50,001 - $500,000, or above $5,000.00 if using federal funds: Competition via Documented Quote process, or Sole Source Justification and the Service Agreement.
- over $500,000: Competition via Invitation for Bids or Requests for Proposals, or Sole Source Justification and the Service Agreement.
Special Notes on Signatures
All service agreements requiring a university signature must be signed by the appropriate authorized University representative.
- Agreements $5,000 or less, please email the appropriate Purchasing Agent a copy of the unsigned Agreement, along with the vendor contact information, including contact person’s name, telephone and direct email address. Please include information on how you plan to pay for the Service Agreement (DPO or P-Card).
- Agreements exceeding $5,000 must also be signed by the appropriate purchasing agent. Please input your Purchase Request into CU Marketplace and attach the unsigned agreement - including terms and conditions, and include vendor contact information (name, phone and direct email address) with the Purchase Request in Marketplace. The Purchasing Agent will work to obtain the required signatures for the Agreement.
Before signing any service agreement, the Procurement Service Center will review the terms and conditions, amend them as necessary, and obtain the required, authorized vendor and university signatures. A Purchase Order can only be issued after the agreement is fully executed.
- Voice: 303.764.3437
- Fax: 303.764.3434
- Email: Megan.deGrood@cu.edu