How to Buy Cellular Phone/PDA Service
This commodity includes wireless telephone service.
Procurement Options and Procedures
- $5,000 or less: Your Procurement Card
- Above $5,000: An SPO Requisition
Departments should consider Pooled Minutes per the following guidelines. Pooled minutes have advantages over individual plans per user. To take advantage of a pool plan, you must have 5 or more lines.
- If a department has users with fluctuating usage and does not want to bother with overage charges on a regular basis, a pool plan would even out costs and minutes across all users.
- A pool plan lowers the administrative work on an account as there is one pool of minutes with each user contributing minutes to the pool and one bill for all phones within the pool. The administrator of the bill does not have to worry about changing plans constantly due to overages. When the administrator of the bill feels like their users are getting close to using their total pool each month, the pool can be increased to cushion higher usage.
- Individual plans have their benefit if the user needs to apply their specific costs to a specific budget or grant money.
Contact the following supplier representatives to obtain a price for specific service and equipment, or to place an order for service using your Procurement Card.
- Trevor Helm: 801.580.4778 - email@example.com
- Eric James: 801.313.8300 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Business Services: 800.999.5445
- Major Accounts - Colorado
- Boulder campus: Stephanie Goppert, 970.222.0404 - email@example.com.
- All other campuses: Terry Wright, 303.241.9599 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Online account access is available through Verizon. To enroll, contact Terry Wright with:
- The authorized person's name to access the account
- The account number
- The authorized person's email address
You will receive an email with your username and password.
State Price Agreement
State Price agreements are available online.
- AT&T: # 72551YYY07M/WSCA, valid through 10-31-16
- Sprint: # 72551YYY06M/WSCA, valid through 10-31-16
- Verizon: # 72551YYY05M/WSCA, valid through 10-31-16
- T-Mobile: # 72551YYY08M, valid through 10-31-16
- Voice: 303.764.3418
- Fax: 303.764.3434
- Email: Madeline.Souder@cu.edu