The University of Colorado Board of Regents meets in public session typically on one of its four campuses. The board follows all rules and regulations of the Colorado Open Meetings Law, or Sunshine Law, approved by voters in 1972. The law generally requires that any state or local governmental body that meets to discuss public business or to take formal action do so in meetings open to the public. Under the law (§ 24-6-402, C.R.S.), "meeting" refers to any kind of gathering, convened to discuss public business, whether in person, by telephone, electronically, or by other means of communication. Electronic mail messages can be considered meetings under the statute. The statute does not apply to chance meetings or social occasions where public business is not the central purpose of the meeting.
The next board meetings are scheduled for:
- May 16, 2018 - Hold for possible special board meeting
- June 21-22, 2018 - CU Boulder
- July 11-13, 2018 - Summer Retreat, Tabernash
- August 8, 2018 - Conference Call on Tenure Cases
- September 13-14, 2018 - CU Anschutz Medical Campus