A. The chair shall:
- Be responsible for the agenda for each regular and any special meeting.
- Preside at all meetings and enforce all regulations and policies governing the procedures of the UCSC.
- Appoint necessary committees.
- Prepare a report to be presented by the chair or a designee of the chair at the regular meetings of the Board of Regents.
- Be responsible, with the Executive Committee, for setting the budget.
- Appoint and supervise the recording secretary.
- Oversee and approve UCSC record-keeping and communications.
- Be responsible for calling Executive Committee meetings as needed.
- The chair is only allowed to vote in the event of a tie or to fulfill quorum requirements.
B. The vice chair shall:
- In the absence of the chair, have all the powers, prerogatives and responsibilities of the chair.
- Assist the chair with committee assignments and activities, and in setting UCSC priorities.
- Serve as UCSC parliamentarian following Robert’s Rules of Order.
- Be responsible for the UCSC Service Excellence Awards (SEA) process.
C. The treasurer shall:
- Work as part of the Executive Committee to set a budget.
- Provide a treasurer’s report at each UCSC meeting.
- Authorize and record all expenditures.
D. The secretary shall:
- Record the proceedings of UCSC and Executive Committee meetings.
- Prepare and distribute the meeting minutes to UCSC members.
- Assist the chair with other duties as assigned.