Twenty years ago, Colorado students and their families paid one-third of the cost of their college tuition. State funding covered the rest. Today that's reversed, as students and families pay two-thirds of the cost.
It is imperative that CU supporters mobilize to advocate on behalf of the university to help influence public policy, shape public opinion, energize support, and secure CU’s future.
- Colorado ranks 48th in the nation for state funding per resident college student
- CU boasts five Nobel laureates and nine MacArthur “genius” fellows
- CU physicians performed the first liver transplant
- CU researchers developed the first shingles vaccine.
- CU awards 53% of all CO’s graduate degrees (public institutions)
- CU research has created more than 150 companies plus 4 FDA-approved drugs