Effective Date: 09/11/2023 (see below for changes effective February 12, 2024)
- Identify a new Approving Official (AO) to review and approve Procurement Card cardholder transactions and documentation; or,
- Change information for a current Approving Official (address, assigned cardholders, etc.).
An AO can be either an employee or affiliate fiscal staff. For additional information on Approving Officials, please see the Procurement Card Handbook on the PSC website.
All new Approving Official (AO) applicants are required to complete the following online Skillsoft courses before an application will be processed:
- Procurement – Purchasing & Contract Management (_scorm12_cu_a00109_0001)
- Fiscal Code of Ethics (_scorm12_cu_f00001_0001)
- Or, for University Officers, Fiscal Code of Ethics – Officers (_scorm12_cu_f00002_0001)
- Procurement Card Approving Official Training (_scorm12_cu_a00001_0001)
To expedite new AO application processing, it is recommended that all training be completed before the AO's application is submitted.
Approving Official Application/Update Process
Approving Official (AO) applications and AO updates are processed electronically in Concur Request. You can access Concur from the associated tile found in the employee portal. AO applications and updates submitted in Concur will route electronically for approvals in the system.
Please note that Procurement Card applications require an AO to be listed on the request form in Concur Request at the time of submission. If a cardholder's expected AO has not yet been fully approved through the new AO application process, the cardholder applicant will be unable to submit the Request in Concur.