These projects give University employees an opportunity to interact with and support the local community. This can be in the form of fundraising, collecting donations and volunteer activities.
Some current and past community service projects that the committee has sponsored include:
- Fight for Air stair climb to support the American Lung Association
- Volunteering at the Furry Scurry fundraiser for the Dumb Friends League
- Relay for Life Denver
- Family, teen and senior holiday gift drive for GIVE Denver, a program of Denver Human Services
- Coat drive in support of Coats for Colorado
- Sleeping Bag drive and fundraising for Sleep Tight Colorado
- Duffle bags for foster kids through Together We Rise
- “Roll Out the Barrels” food drive to support Metro CareRing
- Holiday party and toy drive to honor military families at Buckley Air Force Base in Aurora
- “Clean Out Your Closets” clothing drive to support Dress for Success, Denver Works and ARC Thrift Stores
- School supply and winter coat drive to benefit Gilpin Montessori Public School in Denver
- Charity walk teams, including raising money for and participation in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Light the Night Walk, Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure and JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes
We'd love to hear from you!
Please use the button below to email a comment, question, or suggestion to the Outreach Committee.