Where to get Help
When a student, faculty or staff member reports that they have experienced sexual misconduct, whether it occurred on or off-campus, the campus shall provide them with written notification of the following:
- Reporting rights and options, including to whom and how they should report an alleged offense, including law enforcement authorities (any on-campus and local police) and to be assisted by campus authorities in doing so, but also of their option to decline to notify such authorities;
- The importance of preserving evidence that may assist in proving that the alleged criminal offense occurred or may be helpful in obtaining a protection order;
- Responsibilities for orders of protection, no-contact orders, restraining orders or similar lawful orders issued by a criminal, civil or tribal court, or by the campus;
- Counseling, health, mental health, victim advocacy, legal assistance, visa and immigration assistance, availability of forensic nurses to administer forensic sexual assault nurse exams (“SANE”) and other services available for victims within the campus and in the community; and
- Options for, and available assistance in, changing transportation and working situations, in addition to any available academic and residential accommodations. This notification shall be made and accommodations afforded if they are reasonably available, regardless of whether the person who experienced sexual misconduct chooses to participate in any campus investigation or disciplinary proceeding or report the crime to law enforcement.
Each campus has its own sexual misconduct process and procedures. For reporting options and assistance, please select the appropriate link below:
Reporting options external to the University
If a person chooses not to pursue a complaint through the University, complaints can also be filed with the Office for Civil Rights, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or the Colorado Civil Rights Division. Each of these offices has its own requirements for filing a complaint, so you should consult the websites for these offices and contact the offices directly if you have any questions.