Earlier this year, in response to the coronavirus pandemic, the Procurement Service Center and the campuses developed a centralized approach to purchasing COVID supplies – certain hard-to-find Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and disinfecting supplies. The new request process consolidated the purchase of a number of items through a new COVID Supplies section of CU Marketplace. In the past four months, over 450 COVID supply requests have been processed through the consolidated cart approach.
PPE/disinfecting supplies are now more readily available. Most departments can return to ordering most of these items through usual Marketplace procedures.
Effective November 9, 2020:
Anschutz Medical Campus Departments
The Anschutz Medical Campus has PPE inventory immediately available for purchase by Anschutz departments.
- Anschutz departments should therefore use the Anschutz Use Only COVID Supplies section in CU Marketplace to purchase the designated items - Gloves, Bouffant Caps, Shoe Covers, Surgical Masks, Face Shields – directly from campus inventory.
- Order other PPE and disinfecting supplies through CU Marketplace catalogs or, if appropriate, through the non-catalog form.
- If you have questions, or want to track the status of your Anschutz supply request, contact PPEProcurement@cuanschutz.edu. Reference your requisition/PO number.
Boulder, Colorado Springs, Denver, and System departments
- Order COVID supplies as you would other items, through CU Marketplace catalogs or, if appropriate, through the non-catalog form. Review lead times when checking out; items may not be available for immediate shipment.
- If you cannot find Gloves, use the COVID Supplies section in CU Marketplace.
- If you have questions or need assistance, contact the PSC at COVIDsupplies@cu.edu.