IMPORTANT: The FinPro Help Desk is transitioning to a PSC Service Desk. Learn how the OUC and PSC are reorganizing help desk and training functions. During the transition (Sept 7-Oct 31), hours for phone service are 10:00 a.m.-noon and 1:00-3:00 p.m., Mon-Fri. Voicemail will not be monitored. Email us anytime at FinProHelp@cu.edu.
The inks, paper types, and energy used during printing is very resource intensive and can have negative environmental impacts. Ink emissions can affect air and water quality, and inks can require large amounts of energy to apply, deplete raw materials, and cause disposal concerns. Best practice is to require the use of inks made from renewable resources such as soy, vegetable oil, and cellulose derivatives that is biodegradable and utilize paper or other media made from recycled content that is recyclable.
Purchasing remanufactured toner cartridges—cartridges that have been used at least once and then disassembled, cleaned and had worn parts replaced and toner refilled—can save buyers money while helping the environment. Remanufactured cartridges save users around 30 to 50 percent off the price of new cartridges.
- A printing service which: Lowers its Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Uses biobased inks
- Prints on recycled content paper and other media (i.e. polypropelene, cotton)
- Owns ENERGY STAR certified machines
- Individual desktop printers
- Virgin paper
- Petroleum inks
- Inks with high VOC
End of Life
- Recycle toner with supplier
- Recycled Content; Energy Star; Green Seal; UL GreenGuard; Chlorine Free Products Association; EnviroStars; FSC Chain of Custody; Green-E; Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI); USDA Certified BioBased