The University of Colorado is closely monitoring the situation in Israel, Gaza, and the West Bank as it affects University travel. Many airlines have already cancelled or suspended flights, and traveler advisories are changing regularly. For the most up-to-date information on worldwide travel advisories and how those impact any University business travel planning, please refer to the US Department of State Travel Advisories page.
CU travelers are also encouraged to utilize ISOS Membership Services (enter CU’s Membership No. 11BCAS000006 to log in) as an additional resource. To receive updated notifications dependent on your travel destination, download the ISOS mobile app. Note: All travel booked through Concur/CBT is automatically registered with ISOS.
The inks, paper types, and energy used during printing is very resource intensive and can have negative environmental impacts. Ink emissions can affect air and water quality, and inks can require large amounts of energy to apply, deplete raw materials, and cause disposal concerns. Best practice is to require the use of inks made from renewable resources such as soy, vegetable oil, and cellulose derivatives that is biodegradable and utilize paper or other media made from recycled content that is recyclable.
Purchasing remanufactured toner cartridges—cartridges that have been used at least once and then disassembled, cleaned and had worn parts replaced and toner refilled—can save buyers money while helping the environment. Remanufactured cartridges save users around 30 to 50 percent off the price of new cartridges.
- A printing service which: Lowers its Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Uses biobased inks
- Prints on recycled content paper and other media (i.e. polypropelene, cotton)
- Owns ENERGY STAR certified machines
- Individual desktop printers
- Virgin paper
- Petroleum inks
- Inks with high VOC
End of Life
- Recycle toner with supplier
- Recycled Content; Energy Star; Green Seal; UL GreenGuard; Chlorine Free Products Association; EnviroStars; FSC Chain of Custody; Green-E; Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI); USDA Certified BioBased