Choosing less hazardous and less toxic cleaning chemicals can minimize harmful health impacts to custodial workers, improve indoor air quality, and reduce water pollution.
“Green” janitorial supplies also include paper products, such as bathroom tissues, paper towels, wipers, facial tissue and napkins, and can liners that contain recycled content, are compostable or meet some other environmental standard and certification.
- “Green” certified cleaners
- Compostable can liners
- Microfiber cleaning cloths/mops
- Chemical free equipment
- Recycled content
- Unbleached/non-chlorine bleached paper
- Bleached paper products
- Virgin paper products
- Hazardous chemicals
- Toxicity signal words: "poison," "danger," and "warning"
End of Life
- Compost paper towels
- Safely dispose of chemicals
- USDA Certified BioBased; Cradle to Cradle; Green Seal; Safer Choice; U: GreenGuard; UL ECOLOGO; Biodegradable Products Institute (BPI); Chlorine Free Products Association; FSC Chain of Custody