IMPORTANT: The FinPro Help Desk is transitioning to a PSC Service Desk. Learn how the OUC and PSC are reorganizing help desk and training functions. During the transition (Sept 7-Oct 31), hours for phone service are 10:00 a.m.-noon and 1:00-3:00 p.m., Mon-Fri. Voicemail will not be monitored. Email us anytime at FinProHelp@cu.edu.
Read the procedures
- Journal Ln Desc = Item description preceded by, if entered, the line’s financial report comments (Note: Information on entering financial report comments can be found in Adding Details to Shopping Carts.)
- Actual = Item’s invoiced amount (Note: Negative amount, in parentheses, documents entry of credit from supplier.)
- Encumb = Item’s encumbered amount (Note: Negative amount, in parentheses, decreases encumbrance.)
- BAE Code:
- ACTUALS = Actual expense (i.e., invoice/voucher entry)
- EN_PO = PO encumbrance
- Srce Code:
- AP = Accounts Payable entry of invoice/voucher
- PO = CU Marketplace entry of encumbrance
- Journal Date = Entry date of transaction
- Actual expense = Voucher #
- PO = Blank
- PO = Item’s PO #
- Invoice ID:
- Actual expense = Supplier’s invoice #
- PO = Blank
- Vndr Name = Supplier’s legal name (For example, the catering company Biscuits & Berries appears as NO KA OI INC, which is its legal name.)
Each line item of a Purchase Order (PO) will appear on your m-Fin Financial Detail as an:
- Encumbrance 1 day after the PO is created. PO creation means the shopping cart has been turned into a requisition, and, if necessary, the requisition has been fully approved.
Note: Payment Vouchers (PVs) don’t encumber – they appear only as an actual expense, see #2 below.
- Actual expense 1 day after the invoice (voucher) becomes payable (i.e., receiving has been done, if necessary, and the voucher is fully approved). This will also result in a second transaction line decreasing the encumbrance by the voucher amount (except for PVs)