There are several reasons for a Payment Voucher (PV) to not be processed. If your PV cannot be processed in its current state, the PSC Payable Services technician will add a comment to your PV voucher in the CU Marketplace indicating why. The Requestor will receive an email notification that a comment has been added.
Read the procedures
Reason #1: PV is not the appropriate method of procurement
The PV is a highly-restricted method of procurement used to process invoices when a purchase order or other commitment voucher is not applicable. The PSC Procedural Statement Payment Voucher/Authorization details allowable PV goods and services, including documentation requirements and allowable conditions.
The Payment Voucher form in CU Marketplace has a dropdown list of allowable PV uses. If your purchase isn’t in the list, the PV is not the appropriate method of procurement.
Solution: Create a shopping cart using the Non-Catalog Form. Step-by-step instructions are available on the PSC website.
Once you have a PO # for your non-catalog purchase, note the PO # on the invoice and email the invoice to APInvoice@cu.edu
Reason #2: Multiple invoices attached to one PV
There should be only one invoice attached per Payment Voucher Form.
Solution: Start over. Create and submit one PV for each invoice. Refer to Creating Payment Vouchers in CU Marketplace for further information on the PV process from start to finish.
Reason #3: Incomplete information or documentation
Documentation requirements are detailed in the PSC Procedural Statement Payment Voucher/Authorization.
Solution: Provide the additional information/documentation by adding a comment within CU Marketplace to your PV voucher.
To do this:
- Locate your PV voucher in the CU Marketplace. One way to do this is to use the Quick Search, located in the upper right corner of your screen:
- Click the Search box,
- Use the dropdown to select Voucher Number,
- Enter your voucher number in the next field, and
- Click Search (magnifying glass).
Once the voucher is displayed, go to the Comments tab.
Click Add Comment.
Enter a comment to provide further information and, if needed, attach documentation
Click Add Comment.
If the needed information/documentation isn’t added to the voucher in the appropriate timeframe, you will need to submit a new PV. Refer to Reason #4, below, for step-by-step instructions on copying a Payment Voucher Form for resubmission. Remember to include the information/documentation missing from the first submission. This also holds true if the Payable Services technician isn’t notified when the comment is added to the voucher.
Reason #4: Multiple PVs in one shopping cart
There should be only one Payment Voucher Form per shopping cart.
Solution: Copy each Payment Voucher Form into its own shopping cart and resubmit.
To do this:
- Locate the requisition that contains your PVs. One way is to use your side navigation bar to go to Shop > My Carts and Orders > View My Orders (Last 90 Days). A list of your requisitions over the past 90 days will appear – select the appropriate requisition from the list.
- Once your requisition is displayed, use the Available Actions dropdown (located in the upper right corner of the page) to select Copy to New Cart.
- Click Go.
- The items and information from the original requisition are added to a new shopping cart.
- Scroll down to the first PV listed and check the box on the right side of the line.
- Use the Perform an action on dropdown to select Move to Another Cart.
- A pop-up window appears. Select Move to new cart and click Move.
- Repeat steps 5-7 until only one PV remains in this cart for resubmission.
- Each PV is now in its own shopping cart ready for submission. Use your side navigation bar to go to Shop > My Carts and Orders > View Draft Shopping Carts. Select a draft shopping cart from the list.
- We recommend that you enter a unique shopping cart Name to easily identify or search for your shopping cart. If you do, click Update to save your shopping cart’s new name.
- Add details such as SpeedTypes and shipping to the shopping cart. For more information, visit:
- Repeat steps 9-11 to submit each shopping cart containing a single PV that was created from your initial shopping cart