There are several reasons for a Payment Voucher (PV) to not be processed. If your PV cannot be processed in its current state, the PSC Payable Services technician will add a comment to your PV voucher in CU Marketplace indicating why. The Requestor will receive an email notification that a comment has been added.
Read the procedures
Reason #1: PV is not the appropriate method of procurement
The PV is a highly-restricted method of procurement used to process invoices when a purchase order or other commitment voucher is not applicable. The PSC Procedural Statement Payment Voucher/Authorization details allowable PV goods and services, including documentation requirements and allowable conditions.
The Payment Voucher form in CU Marketplace has a dropdown list of allowable PV uses. If your purchase isn’t in the list, the PV is not the appropriate method of procurement.
Solution: Create a shopping cart using the Non-Catalog Form. Step-by-step instructions are available on the PSC website.
Once you have a PO # for your non-catalog purchase, note the PO # on the invoice and email the invoice to APInvoice@cu.edu
Reason #2: Multiple invoices attached to one PV
There should be only one invoice attached per Payment Voucher Form.
Solution: Start over. Create and submit one PV for each invoice. Refer to Creating Payment Vouchers in CU Marketplace for further information on the PV process from start to finish.
Reason #3: Incomplete information or documentation
Documentation requirements are detailed in the PSC Procedural Statement Payment Voucher/Authorization.
Solution: Provide the additional information/documentation by adding a comment within CU Marketplace to your PV voucher.
To do this:
- Locate your PV voucher in CU Marketplace. One way to do this is to use the Quick Search, located in the ribbon at the top of the screen:
- Click the Search box,
- Use the dropdown to select Voucher Number,
- Enter your voucher number in the next field, and
- Click Search (magnifying glass).
Once the voucher is displayed, go to the Comments tab.
Click Add Comment.
Enter a comment to provide further information and, if needed, attach documentation
Be sure to check the box next to the Payable Services specialist's name so they are notified when you add the comment and/or documentation.
Click Add Comment.
If the needed information/documentation isn’t added to the voucher in the appropriate timeframe, you will need to submit a new PV. Refer to Reason #4, below, for step-by-step instructions on copying a Payment Voucher Form for resubmission. Remember to include the information/documentation missing from the first submission. This also holds true if the Payable Services technician isn’t notified when the comment is added to the voucher.
Reason #4: Multiple PVs in one shopping cart
There should be only one Payment Voucher Form per shopping cart.
Solution: Copy each Payment Voucher Form into its own shopping cart and resubmit.
To do this:
- Locate the requisition that contains your PVs. One way is to use your side navigation bar to go to Shop > My Carts and Orders > View My Orders (Last 90 Days). A list of your requisitions over the past 90 days will appear – select the appropriate requisition from the list.
- Once your requisition is displayed, use the Available Actions dropdown (located in the upper right corner of the page) to select Copy to New Cart.
- Click Go.
- The items and information from the original requisition are added to a new shopping cart.
- Scroll down to the first PV listed and check the box on the right side of the line.
- Use the Perform an action on dropdown to select Move to Another Cart.
- A pop-up window appears. Select Move to new cart and click Move.
- Repeat steps 5-7 until only one PV remains in this cart for resubmission.
- Each PV is now in its own shopping cart ready for submission. Use your side navigation bar to go to Shop > My Carts and Orders > View Carts. Select a draft shopping cart from the list.
- We recommend that you enter a unique shopping cart Name to easily identify or search for your shopping cart. If you do, click Update to save your shopping cart’s new name.
- Add details such as SpeedTypes and shipping to the shopping cart. For more information, visit:
- Repeat steps 9-11 to submit each shopping cart containing a single PV that was created from your initial shopping cart