If you use your Travel Card to purchase meals during a University business trip, you should use the Itinerary in Concur to calculate meal reimbursement limits and mark your Travel Card meals as personal charges. This prevents the University from paying twice for your meals.

Read the procedures

  1. After you come back from your trip, start your expense report by filling in the header and clicking Save.
  2. Create or import the Itinerary, adjust the meals provided as necessary, and create the meal expenses for your report.
  3. To import your Travel Card transactions into your expense report, click on the blue Add Expense button. A pop-up will appear containing two tabs, one for Available Expenses, the other to Create New Expense. Available Expenses hold University card transactions. To add Available Expenses to a report, select the box on the applicable transactions, and click Add to Report.
  4. Select the Travel Card meal expenses and change the Expense Type to Personal Travel Charge (not reimbursable). Click Save.
  5. If, after all expenses are considered, you owe money to the University, you’ll see an exception message and instructions at the top of your expense report.
  6. Click Report Details > Report Totals to review your expenses and see what CU owes you … or what you owe CU.
  7. If you owe an amount back to CU, you should write a check payable to the University of Colorado and deposit it to into the appropriate SpeedType using the Cash Receipt form (using Account Code 013109). A validated Cash Receipt form should be attached to the expense report before submission.

Note: If you used your Travel Card to pay for an Official Function meal, don’t mark it as a Personal expense. Instead -- select Expense Type Official Function -- and exclude that individual meal from your Itinerary.