Diversity & Excellence Grants
Diversity & Excellence Grants fund innovative projects that promote inclusive excellence and diversity throughout the University of Colorado System. Grants of up to $3,000 each will be awarded to proposals that creatively advance the principles of diversity and inclusion in substantive ways.
Proposal Deadline: Friday, October 30, 2015Please submit an electronic copy of the proposal as one PDF or MS Word document to your campus contact person, listed below. Subject heading for submissions should be "2016 Diversity & Excellence Submission."
The selection committee has adopted the following guidelines:
- Grant proposals may be submitted by CU faculty or staff, as individuals or as teams, but at least one of the participants is required to have faculty or staff status.
- Projects are restricted to a maximum award of $3,000
- Commitment for funding is given only on an annual basis, and such commitment should not be construed as an automatic commitment for funding in a subsequent year.
- Multi-campus projects are favored when other factors (such as quality of the proposal) are equal.
- Priority is given to proposals that can demonstrate tangible results, sustainability, capacity-building and the potential for replication.
- When projects are seeking other funding in addition to the Diversity & Excellence Grants, the sources of such funds and the status of the requests should be clearly stated.
- The proposal narrative shall not exceed three typed, double-spaced pages. Additional significant information may be included in the appendices.
One Page Cover Sheet, which should include:
- Title of the project,
- Name, title, department, phone number, and email address of author(s), and
- A brief description of and purpose for the project.
Proposal Narrative, which includes (in three pages or less):
- Statement of the intended impact, outcomes, and measures,
- Statement about how the project reflects the institution’s diversity goals, and
- Timeframe for completion.
Budget and Justification
A complete and detailed budget that includes not only the precise dollar amount requested and justification for each portion of the requested budget, but also all other budget-related information. Please separate the section of the budget the Diversity & Excellence Grant would fund from the other sections of the budget. Supporting Documents (Appendices), which can include:
- Statements of support from supervisors, deans, or other officers,
- CVs or resumes of participants, invited guests, and/or outside speakers, and
- Other information that may be useful for the selection committee.
Alphonse Keasley, Assistant Vice Chancellor for the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Community Engagement
CU Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus
Brenda Allen, Associate Vice Chancellor for Diversity and Inclusion
Kee Warner, Associate Vice Chancellor for Inclusion and Academic Engagement