Recently, HCM has undergone several waves of development in an effort to adjust business processes and migrate the system away from Smart ePAR transactions to the use of delivered Fluid HCM pages.
Future development is currently being determined and information will be provided once available. Learn more about previous system development and improvements below.
Recruit and Hire Improvements (Complete)
Recruit and Hire changes overview
The system has migrated away from Smart ePAR transactions for Transfers, Person of Interest (POI), Hires, Rehires and Additional Job to the use of delivered functionality. These changes have streamlined the user experience and allow for effective completion of business functions.
Preparing to hire: This release has not changed the tasks or information needed prior to completing a hire. Personnel Payroll Liaisons (PPLs) must continue to ensure the position and funding are prepared before initiating a Hire, Rehire, Additional Job or Transfer.
The following changes to Hire, Rehire, Additional Job and Transfer functionality in HCM have occured:
- The Hire ePAR form has been removed.
- A new Transaction Launch Page provides guided navigation to Template Based Transactions.
- The Transfer templates are now accessed from the Transaction Launch Page to maintain alignment with Hire, Rehire and Additional Job.
- A different look and feel
- Streamlined navigation for faster transaction time
- Position information populates automatically when the Position number is entered in the template
- A Transaction Launch Page takes users to templates
- Attachments can be added to the templates
- Expanded use of the Related Content functionality
- Integration with applicant tracking systems Taleo and Avature (used by CU Boulder) for information gathered during recruiting
- Comments (Job Notes) go to Job Data
- System validations to prevent contract set-up errors (such as an overlapping contract) before the transaction is saved
- An updated Transfer template that matches Hire, Rehire and Additional Job
Prepare for HCM upgrade with structured labs, webinars
What's changing with Hire, Rehires and Additional Job processes?
Preview new Transaction Launch Page, processes for entering Hires, Rehires and Additional Jobs
POI Improvements (Complete)
Person of Interest (POI) changes overview
What is a POI?
A POI is someone affiliated with the university who is not paid by the university as an employee. We create a “person of interest” in HCM for a number of reasons including granting access to university systems, providing access to training, providing credentials to volunteers, etc.
What's changing with POI?
- New controls will be added so a POI record cannot be created for an individual who has been terminated from the university as not eligible for rehire.
- A POI’s sponsor will be more accurately captured. Currently, the last person who edits the POI’s record is noted as the sponsor, which is not always accurate. With this addition, the POI’s sponsor will be noted by the position the sponsor is fulfilling.
- A Social Security number will not be a required field on the POI form. From a business process standpoint, Social Security numbers will be required for certain POI types including Pre-employment, Security Access or Summer Employment Gap.
- The Planned Exit Date will default to one year from the POI creation date. With this update, it can be changed up to five years from the current date.
POI Training Resources
Get the training you need with exercises, guides and other documents.
Transfer Improvements (Complete)
Transfer changes overview
What is a transfer?
The transfer transaction is used when an existing CU employee changes position either within their current campus or to another campus.
What's changing with transfer?
- A department gaining a transferred employee will initiate the transaction. The request to release the employee will no longer be needed, as the gaining department will be able to see the employee who is transferring in the system.
- When a transfer transaction is entered, a transferring employee will receive an email notification including steps they must complete with the PPL in their current department to ensure a smooth transition.
- The contract transfer process will be streamlined and simplified to default values and prevent data entry errors.
- The Compensation Rate field will include validation logic based on pay frequency to prevent data entry errors.
- A new Related Content feature will be available throughout the Transfer transaction, allowing users to view relevant information. For example, when transaction details are entered, the current job information for the employee being transferred can be viewed as read-only. This will allow the user to determine the correct employment record.
When associating the position an employee is transferring into, the related content button will show the position summary information (effective date, action reason, status, active head count and budgeted). Position funding information will also be viewable.
Transfer Training Resources
Get the training you need with exercises, guides, Skillsoft courses and other documents.