Non-resident international employees whose wages are eligible for a tax treaty will receive Form 1042-S—Foreign Person's U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding—by March 15 each year for their tax treaty-eligible wages paid the previous calendar year.

In some cases, non-resident employees may receive Form W-2 (for wages treated as taxable income) in addition to Form 1042-S. Employees should ensure they have all relevant documents prior to filing.

For assistance and questions, contact CU's international tax specialists at





2018 tax year 1042-S forms

Employee Services will mail all 1042-S forms for the 2018 tax year to non-U.S. citizens who had one or more of the following in 2018:

  • tax treaty-exempt income
  • non-qualified scholarship payments
  • taxable non-employee compensation

If you meet this criteria but have not received your form by Feb. 19, please submit a 1042-S Reissue Request Form to Employee Services. Note that you may submit your completed form to the mailing address on the form or via encrypted email.



Please contact CU's international tax specialists at