Growth and learning are essential for creating a well-rounded team. We're here to help you grow as a professional, a supervisor and a leader with useful resources to guide these intentions. On this page, you'll find highlighted courses, videos and books just for CU supervisors.
Both Skillsoft and Lynda.com offer grouped courses to help develop management skills.
Skillsoft offers a folder full of management resources. To access the folder:
- Log in to the employee portal.
- Access Skillsoft.
- Click Library.
- Select Management under Skillsoft in the middle column.
Lynda.com offers a Become a Manager Learning Path. To access this learning path:
- Log in to employee portal.
- Access Lynda.com.
- Search Become a Manager. The first result will be the learning path.
The learning path page will look like this:
Featured courses for supervisors
Meeting Management - Use Skillsoft and Lynda.com to find material for your next staff meeting or training.
- Communication Foundations - Optimize effective communication within your team for better work processes and collaboration during staff meetings. (Lynda.com - 2 hours and 5 minutes)
- Meetings That Get Results - Understand how to develop shorter, more effective meetings for all attendees with Brian Tracy's book. (Skillsoft - 126 pages)
- Planning Meetings Fit for Purpose - Make the most out of your next staff training with preparation strategies. (Skillsoft - 20 minutes)
- Dealing with Common Meeting Problems - Identify and defend against common obstacles in meetings with your staff and others. (Skillsoft - 1 hour)
- How to Set Team and Employee Goals - This five-part course introduces linking individual goals within your team to the department's overall needs. (Lynda.com - 1 hour)
- Aligning Unit Goals and Imperatives - Learn the process of developing targets through everyday business practices. (Skillsoft - 22 minutes)
- Aligning Goals and Priorities to Manage Time - Prioritize your ambitions and utilize your time effectively to meet goals. (Skillsoft - 25 minutes)
- Establishing Team Goals and Responsibilities, and using Feedback Effectively - Understand how to set goals for yourself and others and how to give effective feedback to your team. (Skillsoft - 30 minutes)
- Setting Goals Microlearning
Access these resources
Lynda.com holds nearly 5,000 instructional videos and counting, taught by talented instructors and recognized industry experts. Made with different learning styles in mind, Lynda.com offers segmented courses, so you can develop at your own pace. The best part? As a CU employee, Lynda.com is free to use.
How to access Lynda.com
- Log on to you campus portal.
- Open the dropdown menu at the top of the screen and select Training.
- Select the Lynda.com tile. (Lynda.com will open in a new window.)
Professional learning isn't limited to the workplace. With more than 4,000 courses and 25,000 books available on mobile devices and computers, employees can prepare for certification tests and pick up new skills any time and anywhere.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have accessibility considerations.
Additional resources for Skillsoft can be found here.
Here is how to access Skillsoft for additional resources:
- Log on to your CU campus portal.
- Select the Skillsoft tile on the homepage. (Skillsoft will open in a separate window.)