By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- List best practices for creating a healthy work-life balance
- Evaluate areas of strengths and weakness in their current work-life balance
- Identify three strategies for improving their work-life balance
|STRONGLY AGREE||AGREE||DISAGREE||STRONGLY DISAGREE|
|1. I consistently have a restful sleep for 7-8 hours a night.|
|2. I generally have a low stress level.|
|3. I am usually in a good mood.|
|4. I eat nutritious meals..|
|5. I consistently exercise at least 5 days per week.|
|6. I regularly visit the doctor to have my health evaluated.|
|7. I do not smoke.|
|8. I regularly engage in activites I enjoy.|
|9. I fbelieve that I have strong coping skills.|
|10. I avoid risky behaviors.|
Use this self-assessment to determine your strengths and areas for improvement in work-life balance. You will use this information in the Plan for Application.
You can take the following steps to achieve a better work-life balance:
- Pursue a passion
- Anticipate and manage stressful situations, such as a heavy workload
- Seek support when needed such as help with tasks, counseling services, doctor visits, or a meal-planning program
- Maintain healthy friendships
- Take care of your body by eating nutritious meals, engaging in exercise that you enjoy, and avoiding toxins
- Regularly unplug from technology
- Find a way to manage stress, such as yoga, meditation, walking, or taking time to yourself
- Create a plan to efficiently manage your responsibilities
Plan for Application
Given what you've learned, consider the following questions:
- Based on your self-assessment, in which areas of work-life balance are you the strongest? How can you continue to maintain and build on these strengths?
- Based on your self-assessment, in which areas of work-life balance do you need to improve? From the content in this course, what strategies have you learned that can help you improve in these areas?
- What three steps will you take in the next week to improve your work-life balance?