- Albert Einstein
In addition to workshops and seminars, online learning management systems like Skillsoft and Lynda.com can help you develop personally and professionally. Jumpstart your self-guided learning experience with setting a goal and learning how to learn.
Just Starting? Set a Goal.
The best place to start with self-guided learning is with goal setting. This will help you to set a plan for moving forward in your personal and professional development.
Develop Your Own Learning Plan:
- Think about what you want to achieve. Write this out so it is Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and has a Timetable.
- Develop a plan for action. Break your goal down into steps of how you will get there.
- Increase your chances of achieving goals. Write out your goal, put it somewhere you'll always see it, and/or tell someone about it.
Learning How to Learn
Now that you have a goal, it's time to start learning. What is learning? How do we get the most out of a learning experience? Get the most out of your time investment by first learning how to learn.
- Learning requires aspiration, curiosity, vulnerability, and self-awareness
- The first step is setting a learning objective (goal), the second is gathering resources (see our catalog below for a place to start)
- Focus your learning time and avoid distractions
Don't see the guide you want? Request a new learning guide.
Now jump into a topic of your choice with a learning guide. The guides are organized into three categories. Explore each category by clicking on the title and then click on a guide to open it in a new page.
These microlearnings are designed to improve specific skills. Each module includes documents that you can print and reference as needed: a self-assessment, a learning guide, and a plan for application. You will complete these documents as you work through the microlearning.