IMPORTANT: The FinPro Help Desk is transitioning to a PSC Service Desk. Learn how the OUC and PSC are reorganizing help desk and training functions. During the transition (Sept 7-Oct 31), hours for phone service are 10:00 a.m.-noon and 1:00-3:00 p.m., Mon-Fri. Voicemail will not be monitored. Email us anytime at FinProHelp@cu.edu.
Learn how to run and save reports in CU-Data.
- Navigating CU-Data - Shows how to navigate to CU-Data to run reports.
- Running a Report in CU-Data - Shows how to run a report in CU-Data.
- Searching in CU-Data - Shows how to search for prompt values, like SpeedTypes or Employee ID numbers, when running a report in CU-Data.
- Drilling Down in CU-Data - Shows clicking on blue underlined text in m-Fin reports to see underlying reports for more detail.
Saving and Scheduling Reports
- Creating Report Views in CU-Data - Shows how to save pre-set prompt values (helpful if you regularly run reports for the same SpeedTypes). Shows how to change the default format for a Report View and change the orientation of a PDF report.
- Scheduling Reports for Month-End/Year-End Close - Shows how to save pre-set prompt values and schedule a report to run automatically after each month-end close. You can also schedule reports to run on a daily or weekly basis.
- Updating Report Views (including Scheduled Reports) - Shows how to update a saved Report View to include different prompts.
- Troubleshooting Scheduled Reports - Shows how to renew credentials to correct issues with scheduled reports that are no longer running.
Updating CU-Data Preferences
- Changing the Orientation of your PDF - Shows how to update the default format of a report view so that it prints a PDF of your m-Fin report in portrait orientation, rather than landscape.
- Updating Your Home Page in CU-Data - Shows how to set a report or report view as your home page so that you land directly on it when you open CU-Data.
- Looking up Available Gift Fund Balances - Shows how to look up the CU Foundation available balance for a linked Fund 34 Gift SpeedType in the Finance System or in CU-Data.
- Looking up Study Subject Payments - Shows how to run the m-Fin Financial Detail II report for common study subject payment accounts.
- Monthly Financial Review Reports - Shows the 5 reports you should review every month if you are responsibile for reconciling a SpeedType or group of SpeedTypes.
- Understanding PO Encumbrances - Shows how purchase order encumbrances and actual expenses look on your m-Fin Financial Detail report.