In CU-Data, you can schedule m-Fin reports to run automatically, on a daily or weekly basis. You can even set them to email to you. You do this in 3 steps.
To schedule monthly reports, see m-Fin How-to: Scheduling Reports for Month-End/Year-End Close.
Read the procedures
Step 1: Save a Report View of the report
Navigate to your report, update the prompts, and save a Report View.
- Run the report that you want to save.
- On the first prompt page, clear the FISCAL YEAR and ACCOUNTING PERIOD fields. If there’s a CURRENT option, clear that field, too. Do this by clicking each dropdown menu to select the dotted line.
- At the bottom right of your screen, click Show Options and clear the EFFECTIVE DATE by unchecking it.
- Enter one or more speedtypes.
- Click Finish.
- When the report displays, click the Add this Report icon at the top left of your page - it’s the one that looks like a floppy disk.
Select Save report as report view.
- A popup will appear. If you’d like -- you can change the default name of this Report View. In any case, choose Select My Folders as the location.
- Click OK.
Step 2: Make room for your Scheduled Reports
Modify the Report View’s properties to save more output. Since this defaults to save only one output, start by deleting the output that just saved. Then, increase the number of Report Output versions, making room for more.
- Find your Report View by clicking My Content from the navigation menu. Sometimes it takes a minute or two to show up.
- Click on the More menu - it’s the three dots to the right of the report name - and select View Versions.
- Click on the date -- and then on the trash icon. Select OK on the Confirm Delete popup.
- This will delete the report output version that had previously saved.
- Now it’s time to specify how much output you’d like to save going forward. Click on your report view’s More menu. This time select Properties.
- From the Report tab, click Advanced. Highlight the number next to Report output versions to set it to a new amount, perhaps 5 -- which will save the last 5 runs.
Step 3: Schedule delivery of your report
Identify the format and delivery method for your report and enter the trigger that prompts delivery of your report.
- Shift over to the Schedule tab and click New.
- Change the Schedule prompt to Daily or Weekly.
- Set an end date, or select No end date.
- The Format will default to HTML … you can update this to PDF, Excel, Excel Data, or CSV - or leave it as is.
- The Delivery method will default to Save. If you would like to have your report emailed to you after each month-end close, select Send Report by Email. You’ll need to type in your email address directly on the line below, then click Done
- Click the Create button.
- Now you can go into your My content folder and click on the Report View name to see the latest scheduled run. To see older saved runs, click on the Report View’s More menu, and select View Versions.
Have a question or feedback?