The purpose of the Infographics course is to provide participants with an understanding of the key elements of information graphics. The presentation outlines types, uses, tools, and practical benefits. Audience interactivity is encouraged through the use of handout materials and personalized exercises.
Program Level: Basic
Advanced Preparation: N/A
Instructional Method: Group-Live
Instructor: Normandy Roden
Recommended CPE Credit: 1.0 Hours
Field of Study: Communications and Marketing
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define infographics, and identify examples of different infographic types;
- Explain the ways infographics can enhance communication by engaging the audience, promoting comprehension, building connection, and facilitating retention;
- Identify the types of communication that can benefit from an infographic approach, and,
- Describe design tips and best-practice recommendations to promote optimal use of this appealing and effective communication technique.
In addition, participants will learn about:
- Some sample low or no-cost infographic programs that are readily available;
- Common capabilities and limitations of such tools; and,
- Resources for further exploration in the exciting field of information graphics and information design.
The University of Colorado is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.