IMPORTANT: The FinPro Help Desk is transitioning to a PSC Service Desk. Learn how the OUC and PSC are reorganizing help desk and training functions. During the transition (Sept 7-Oct 31), hours for phone service are 10:00 a.m.-noon and 1:00-3:00 p.m., Mon-Fri. Voicemail will not be monitored. Email us anytime at FinProHelp@cu.edu.
Whether you are speaking in a small group meeting or presenting in front of a large audience, communication skills are essential for effective delivery of your message.
This course will provide participants with tools and techniques that will strengthen their oral delivery and foster confidence for delivering presentations large and small.
Program Level: Basic
Advanced Preparation: N/A
Instructional Method: Group-Live
Instructor: Carrie Howard
Recommended CPE Credit: 2.0 Hours
Field of Study: Communications and Marketing
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Execute techniques for vocal and physical warm-up;
- Utilize breathing techniques for vocal projection and anxiety reduction;
- Take a physical self-inventory to assess and improve posture and physical mannerisms;
- Utilize a pre-presentation checklist aimed toward preparedness and confidence building; and,
- Identify methods for maintaining flexibility and clear-headedness if a presentation goes off track.
The University of Colorado is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.