Wrap up the 2022 tax year by completing these essential tasks
The end of the year is approaching, and with it comes important tax forms. Make sure your personal information and pay is accurate to ensure your W-2 and/or 1042-S forms are correct and will be mailed to your correct address on time.
Complete these important tasks for a successful year-end:
- Review and update your mailing address through the employee portal before Dec. 15 to ensure you receive your W-2 and/or 1042-S forms at the end of the tax year
- Verify your Social Security number
- Review and update your demographic information
- Review your paycheck every pay day
- Double check your tax withholdings with the IRS Withholding Estimator (Reminder for international employees: You should not make changes to your W-4 without first consulting an international tax specialist.)
Visit our year-end reminders webpage for instructions on completing these tasks in the employee portal.
While you’re reviewing your information, please take a moment review and resubmit your demographic information — such as ethnic group, disability status, veteran status and more. This information is completely voluntary, but having accurate data helps the university better understand the large and varied workforce we employ and take smarter steps to further our diversity and inclusion goals.
Add new comment