TIAA one-on-one meetings offer personalized advising for your retirement strategy
Give your future self a raise. You have the power today to help your future self achieve your retirement goals. Whether you are in PERA or participate in the CU 401(a) retirement plan, your future self may need a little help building a nest egg that provides adequate income in retirement. For example, people are living longer. Healthcare costs are rising. And, who knows how much a gallon of milk may cost in the future?
One of the easiest ways to save more is by contributing to the CU 403(b) voluntary retirement plan. The money you contribute is made on a pre-tax basis, which reduces the amount of tax you pay on each pay day. Once in the plan, your account accrues earnings that also remain tax-free until you withdraw the funds from the plan. What’s more, even a small contribution today can grow large over time thanks to the compounding of earnings within your account.
Here are a few more reasons to consider contributing to the CU 403(b) plan:
- It's an individual account you create, in your name, to set aside money on a pre-tax basis through a salary reduction agreement with the university.
- Contributions are immediately 100% vested.
- You choose from multiple diverse investment options.
- The value of your investments increases or decreases as the market changes.
- Loans are available from a minimum of $1,000 to a maximum of $50,000. The amounts you are allowed to borrow depends upon the amount you currently have in the plan.
We're here to help
Not sure how much to save or where to begin? Meet with a TIAA financial consultant. You have three options to speak with a TIAA consultant: at a TIAA office, on your CU campus or over-the phone.
At a TIAA office:
TIAA has offices in Denver, Boulder and Fort Collins. Find an office near you.
On a CU campus:
Throughout the year, TIAA consultants visit CU campuses to provide accessible advice for employees. Discover when they will be on your campus. All campus sessions can also be found on the Employee Services events calendar.
Over the phone:
You can speak with a consultant over the phone either for a detailed consultation or to ask a quick question about your plan.
To schedule a session, call 800-732-8353, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (MT), Monday through Friday, or visit TIAA.org/schedulenow.
Review CU’s current retirement plans including 401(a) and 403(b) plans here.