Stay healthy in 2020 with these helpful tips
Choosing realistic and easy goals that you can stick to can help you achieve your overall goal to be healthier.
Here are eight things you can start doing today:
- Eat more produce. Take a piece of fruit with you to work or add some spinach to your eggs.
- Pack a lunch instead of buying food from a restaurant where meals can have additional sodium and calories.
- Drink more water.
- Eat real food that's made in a kitchen, not in a laboratory.
- Eat breakfast regularly; this helps get your metabolism going in the morning. Healthy options include fruit, a cup of yogurt or whole-wheat toast.
- Listen to your belly by eating healthy snacks throughout the day to avoid overeating later.
- Skip surgary drinks. These can bring empty calories and sugar crashes; try water or unsweetened tea instead.
- Try not to sit at your desk and eat lunch. Sit down to eat so you can pause and savor your meals. You'll feel more satisifed and less likely to overeat.
Download the Zipongo app to get everything you need to eat your best, or visit their website.