Save on Denver Museum of Nature and Science memberships
Discover the beauty and intrigue of science at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. You'll be able to visit as often as you'd like with discounted memberships available to CU faculty and staff.
The impressive facility offers visitors the opportunity to immerse themselves in a wide variety of scientific fields, including geology, health, zoology, anthropology, paleontology and space sciences. Explore more than 90 habitat scenes in the wildlife exhibit. Ponder the immensity and profundity of the cosmos at a planetarium showing. Participate in personal health activities in Expedition Health. Or search for the 18 elves hidden throughout the museum in murals by artist Kent Pendleton.
For film-lovers, the museum offers an IMAX experience, showing documentaries like Oceans: Our Blue Planet 3D and Volcanoes: The Fire of Creation. For the family, the Discovery Zone provides engaging activities designed to help young children build a strong foundation of science skills, focusing on skills like observing, quantifying, inquiring, analyzing, creating and communicating.
A few other noteworthy exhibits:
- Egyptian Mummies, showcasing two mummified Egyptian women along with CT scans, radiocarbon dating, isotope analysis, and other tests to learn about their pre-mummification lives
- Kovovalenko: Gem Carvings of Russian Folk Life, displaying the only collection of the extraordinary Vasily Konovalenko gem sculptures
- North American Indian Cultures, demonstrating the distinctive regional influences of environment and materials with artifacts like weavings, basketry, beadwork and pottery; reconstructed dwellings, like an Inuit snow house; and stories, shared by video at stations around the exhibit
The museum also hosts events throughout the year, on topics like Introduction to Birding, dissecting sheep hearts and lungs, Sage Grouse awareness, Sex in the Sea, Stay Up with the Stars, and sugar’s effect on the body.
One of the facility's newest additions is a Virtual Reality Arcade, where family members age 10 and up can embark on a four-person VR Transporter ride or use one of the six individual bays to play one of these VR Arcade games.
The Denver Museum of Nature and Science is open from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. daily, except Dec. 25.
Save on your visit
CU faculty and staff can receive a 10 percent discount on personal memberships on the following membership levels: Individual, Dual, Grandparent, Family, Family Plus, Curator and Pioneer
To redeem your discount:
- Go to the DNMS membership page
- Choose your membership level
- Enter promo code IM18-CU at check out