Marshall Fire: We know that many of our students, faculty and staff have been affected by the Marshall Fire, and the University of Colorado will do everything we can to provide support. Please visit your campus page for immediate resources.
Navigate the path to retirement with Retirement Ready events
There’s a lot to consider and plan on the road to retirement. Employee Services is illuminating the path by hosting Retirement Ready on University of Colorado campuses from Feb. 18 – Feb. 26.
Designed for faculty and staff members within five years of retirement, these events feature talks from Employee Services, TIAA, PERA, Social Security and Medicare. Each group will guide participants through important information to prepare for retirement.
“You have worked hard for your retirement, so let the professionals help you navigate through the details,” said Sharon Bishop, Assistant Vice President of Payroll and Benefits with Employee Services.
A Vendor Fair will be held throughout the day, so attendees can grab a coffee and speak with experts from each talk, get answers to questions, pick up informational material and schedule an appointment for a personal consultation with TIAA. Employee Services will also provide additional resources and guides.
Running from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., events will be held Feb. 18 at CU Boulder, Feb. 20 at CU System, Feb. 24 at UCCS, Feb. 26 at CU Boulder East campus, Feb. 27 at CU Denver and Feb. 28 at CU Anschutz. Spouses and partners are welcome to attend.
- CU's Process for Retiring: 401(a) Participants: This talk for CU 401(a) participants explains university retiree benefit options, and the process behind becoming a university retiree. Topics include eligibility requirements, the process of retiring with CU and available benefits.
- CU’s Process for Retiring: PERA Participants: This presentation will teach PERA participants about university retiree benefit options and the process behind becoming a university retiree. The talk covers topics such as eligibility requirements, the process of retiring with CU and available benefits.
- Paying Yourself: Income Options in Retirement: It’s almost time to turn retirement savings into a regular monthly income. Learn about basic rules that govern the most common retirement accounts, when to tap into different assets and flexible income choices offered by TIAA.
- Preparing for Retirement from PERA: This session provides valuable planning information to help PERA participants meet retirement goals. Topics include monthly and lump-sum benefit options, annual increases, tax implications and more.
- PERACare: Learn about the PERACare health benefits program, including eligibility, pre-Medicare and Medicare plan choices, prescription benefits and other subjects.
- Medicare 101: This presentation covers the four basic parts of Medicare: hospital insurance, medical insurance, Medicare Advantage plans and prescription drug plans. Experts will detail how Medicare works with other insurances and provide helpful informational resources.
- Social Security: Social Security is a large part of retiring – one that often leaves people confused. This interactive lecture provides clarity on Social Security retirement benefits, pre-retirement planning and more.
Registration is open: Visit the Retirement Ready website to view full event information and register.