Marshall Fire: We know that many of our students, faculty and staff have been affected by the Marshall Fire, and the University of Colorado will do everything we can to provide support. Please visit your campus page for immediate resources.
Leave-eligible employees: Certify your leave in the portal by Aug. 26
Each year, per Board of Regents Policy 11-E, the University of Colorado requires leave-eligible employees who use My Leave and other time tracking systems to verify the accuracy of their sick and vacation leave in the employee portal. As of July 26, Annual Leave Certification balances will include vacation and sick leave taken in June.
Steps for My Leave users
In My Leave, the July beginning balance should match with the leave certification balances.
To get started, download this step-by-step guide. The first page guides you through directions to certify your leave in the portal.
Verifying your leave
To check your Leave Certification balance against figures in My Leave, follow these steps:
- Set your My Leave calendar to July 2019.
- Review figures in the Usable Balance column.
- Compare My Leave’s Usable Balance figures with the Annual Leave Certification’s Ending Balance column. If these figures match, you can certify your leave.
My Leave Balance (click to enlarge)
Annual Leave Certification (click to enlarge)
Steps for those who use other time tracking systems
If you do not use My Leave to track your time, you can use your Pay Advice to check your balances and certify your leave.
Open your Pay Advice
- Log into your employee portal.
- Select the CU Resources tab. (CU System employees will skip this step.)
- Open the CU Resources Home drop-down menu at the top, then select My Info and Pay.
- Click the Paychecks tile and choose your last July paycheck.
Open Annual Leave Certification
- Open your portal again in a new window and select the CU Resources tab. (CU System employees will skip this step.)
- Select the CU Resources Home drop-down menu at the top, then click My Info and Pay.
- Click the Annual Leave Certification tile.
To begin, subtract 14.67 from the Paid Time Off column end balance and subtract 10 hours from the Sick Leave end balance on your Pay Advice.
Next, look at the Ending Balance column on the Annual Leave Certification to verify that the numbers are similar. The numbers in your Pay Advice are rounded and the Annual Leave Certification is an exact amount, so the numbers might be slightly out of balance due to rounding differences. Note: Accrued time amount will vary for classified employees based on length of service.
After you verify that the numbers are close, select the radio button on the Annual Leave Certification and click Submit to certify your leave.
If your balances do not match or you have additional questions, please contact your department’s payroll liaison. Annual Leave Certifications must be submitted by Aug. 26.
Thank you for ensuring your balances are up-to-date and accurate!