Marshall Fire: We know that many of our students, faculty and staff have been affected by the Marshall Fire, and the University of Colorado will do everything we can to provide support. Please visit your campus page for immediate resources.
Follow these steps to ensure you receive your W-2 in a timely manner
Year-end is just around the corner. Follow these three steps to ensure your Social Security number, addresses and paychecks are correct. This will help ensure you receive an error–free W-2, allowing you to file taxes without delay.
Note: Click on any image to enlarge it.
1: Validate and update your addresses
You should have a mailing and home address on file. Important documents, such as W-2s, are sent to the mailing address in the portal so it must be correct. Follow these steps to validate and update them:
- Log into the portal, select My Info and choose Employee Profile from the menu.
- Review your mailing and home addresses.
- If they are not correct, you can update them by clicking on the Home Address and Mailing Address boxes.
- The following screen will populate allowing you to update your information and save it.
2: Verify your Social Security number
The next step is to confirm your Social Security number is correct. Incorrect numbers will affect W-2s, potentially causing issues with the IRS. Check your number by:
- Selecting Additional Information.
- Additional authentication will be requested. Once authorized, you will be able to access the Additional Information window to view the Social Security number on file.
- If your number is incorrect, contact your Human Resources department immediately.
3: Check your pay advice every payday
Checking your pay advice after receiving your pay ensures your earnings are correct. This lessens the likelihood of having to make corrections to your W-2, which can cause delays when filing taxes. Access your Pay Advice by:
- Logging into the portal.
- Selecting the My Compensation button and then Pay Advice from the pop-up menu.
Looking for more information? Visit our website to learn more about important dates and additional year-end information.