Follow these steps to ensure you receive your W-2 in a timely manner
Year-end is just around the corner. Follow these three steps to ensure your Social Security number, addresses and paychecks are correct. This will help ensure you receive an error–free W-2, allowing you to file taxes without delay.
Note: Click on any image to enlarge it.
1: Validate and update your addresses
You should have a mailing and home address on file. Important documents, such as W-2s, are sent to the mailing address in the portal so it must be correct. Follow these steps to validate and update them:
- Log into the portal, select My Info and choose Employee Profile from the menu.
- Review your mailing and home addresses.
- If they are not correct, you can update them by clicking on the Home Address and Mailing Address boxes.
- The following screen will populate allowing you to update your information and save it.
2: Verify your Social Security number
The next step is to confirm your Social Security number is correct. Incorrect numbers will affect W-2s, potentially causing issues with the IRS. Check your number by:
- Selecting Additional Information.
- Additional authentication will be requested. Once authorized, you will be able to access the Additional Information window to view the Social Security number on file.
- If your number is incorrect, contact your Human Resources department immediately.
3: Check your pay advice every payday
Checking your pay advice after receiving your pay ensures your earnings are correct. This lessens the likelihood of having to make corrections to your W-2, which can cause delays when filing taxes. Access your Pay Advice by:
- Logging into the portal.
- Selecting the My Compensation button and then Pay Advice from the pop-up menu.
Looking for more information? Visit our website to learn more about important dates and additional year-end information.