Campus Biometric Screenings provide early signals about health risks
Gather crucial information about your health – and get early signals that could save the day – at campus Biometric Screenings. CU Health Plan members and covered spouses are eligible to receive a free biometric screening from Feb. 19 through April 3.
CU’s free Biometric Screenings offer insights into your overall health by measuring your body composition and lipid and glucose levels. With this important information, you avoid the perils of chronic illnesses like heart disease, diabetes and hypertension by understanding potential risks. If you’re already living with a chronic illness, you’ll have a better picture of how you’re managing the disease and how you can improve.
Here’s what you need to know about this year’s screenings:
- Bring your CU Health Plan ID card (Anthem or Kaiser)
- Fast 10-12 hours prior to your appointment (recommended, but not required)
- Wear a loose fitting shirt that allows you to roll up your sleeves
- Additional testing is available for purchase
- After participating, you’ll be entered into a raffle for a chance to win a ZonLi weighted blanket
You’ll get the most out of biometric screenings if you participate each year. Creating a year-to-year record helps you keep track of changes in your health, which could indicate whether you need to make improvements. If you’re on an Anthem plan and have a MyHealthConnection account, you’ll have easy access to your results.
Sign up for Biometric Screenings and be a hero to your health needs.