When processing ePAR transactions and funding entries, remember these 8 guidelines
Processing ePAR transactions? Complete them successfully by ensuring you are aware of these 5 rules:
- Review the most current position date. The position effective date must be at least one day prior to the date of the ePAR transaction.
- The position must be in an approved status.
- The most current job data row must have the same or earlier effective date than the ePAR transaction.
- The most current position funding row must have the same or earlier effective date than the ePAR transaction.
- If the ePAR transaction effective date belongs to a completed pay period, update the funding in the ePAR transaction and do not use a new funding entry page.
Funding entry reminders
When making funding entries, remember these 3 tips:
- When creating a new position or changing a position's department, a Funding Entry page will launch upon clicking Save. This page will default to the date of the position change, regardless of the current pay period. This is your one-time opportunity to backdate funding (the error check is removed).
- When updating funding using the funding entry page, only the current pay period may be updated.
- When payroll has completed in the current month, no new funding entries can be made for that month. The new funding effective date must reflect the new pay period.