While the majority of Employee Services staff will work remotely to do our part to reduce community spread of the COVID-19 virus, our services will continue without interruption. We're dedicated to providing excellent service to every CU employee and every HCM user. You can still reach us by phone or email. If you have questions or need assistance, reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-860-4200, option 2.
We’re kicking off summer training July 7
You’re invited to get a head start learning new tools and software at HCM Campus Workshops next month, but you have to register first!
We’re kicking off training with HCM Overview workshops, which will take place on all campuses and at CU System July 7-21. Each workshop will have a morning and afternoon session.
A prerequisite course, the HCM Overview workshop will provide a foundation for subsequent workshops this summer and fall. Classes are filling up quickly, so consider registering for this workshop and more today! You can find registration directions at the bottom of this post.
What you’ll learn
The HCM Overview Workshop will show you the big picture. We’ll point out key similarities to and differences between the HRMS and explain how HCM will plug into a larger network of CU systems.
You’ll also get a sneak peek at new WorkCenters and transaction pages that will consolidate your tasks in one place. This means you’ll no longer have to navigate around different modules and screens to do your job.
Finally, we’ll review streamlined query and approval processes – as well as new-and-improved Non-Person Profiles – that will harness automation to improve data quality and accuracy.
Workshops continue throughout the summer
Building on these basic concepts, later workshops will dive into executing specific tasks, such as paying employees, performing HCM transactions and managing talent using CU Careers.
In the fall, you’ll have the opportunity to sharpen your skills at structured and open computer lab sessions. To ensure you can confidently work with the new tools, Employee Services will offer a post-training assessment to identify areas of strength and opportunities for improvement.
Again, spots are limited, so we recommend registering for workshops as soon as possible. For a full calendar of workshops, visit www.cu.edu/elevate/hcm-training.
- Log in to your my.cu.edu portal.
- On the left-hand menu, click Training.
- Click Start SkillSoft and enter your login information if prompted.
- Click Catalog.
- Click CU Instructor Led Training (the second folder in the list).
- Click Elevate:HCM Campus Workshops.
- There are six training topics. Click on the topic for the session you’d like to attend.
- This will take you to a course description. Click on the small calendar icon in the left corner of the window, directly below the gold banner with the training topic. This icon will open a table that displays the dates, times, and locations of the trainings.
- Once you’ve found a training that works for your schedule, click Enroll on the furthest column to the right. You’ll be emailed an enrollment confirmation, which you can link to your Outlook calendar.