Prepare for year-end payroll with tasks and reminders
Help ensure you’re prepared for the end of the year by completing the payroll tasks below and reviewing important reminders.
Complete these tasks for a successful year-end
- Enter all 2019 moving expenses paid with a purchase order.
- Review payroll registers immediately after the December payroll is complete.
- Process any necessary pulls to prevent overpayments from crossing tax years.
- Encourage employees to verify their tax withholdings using the IRS Tax Calculator. The IRS anticipates many will be under-withheld if they have multiple income sources.
- Register for the Year-End Wrap-Up webinar to review calendar year-end deadlines, see how to ensure all pay is correct and learn how to correct it if it’s wrong.
Add these reminders to your calendar
- Uploads are due at 5 p.m. Nov. 25 for OC112119. Processing will occur on Nov. 26 with a check date of Nov. 29.
- The pull deadline for MON 113019 and BW111619 is 10 a.m. Nov. 26.
- The deadline to submit imputed cash transactions including 2019 moving xpenses from PO/P-Card and Reimbursements is Dec. 17.
- The pull deadline for BW121419 is 2 p.m. Dec. 23.
- The pull deadline for MON123119 is 5 p.m. Dec. 23.
- Uploads are due at 1 p.m. Dec. 23 for OC121919 (the final off-cycle of 2019). Processing will occur the same day with a check date of Dec. 27.
- The CU System offices and Employee Service will be closed from Dec. 24 to Jan. 2.
- There is no off-cycle during the week of Dec. 30.
- Uploads are due at 5 p.m. Jan. 3 for BW122819. Processing will occur on Jan. 6, registers will be available on Jan. 7 and the pull deadline is 10 a.m. Jan. 8. The check date will be Jan. 10.
- First 2020 off-cycle uploads due at 5 p.m. Jan. 7. Processing for OC010220 will occur on Jan. 8.