New special off-cycle pay process to improve efficiency
Starting Friday, July 11, 2014, you will be able to create time collection batches for late pay, one-time payments and other payments otherwise processed through hand-drawn requests via a weekly off-cycle time collection process.
This new process is part of several improvements we’re making to our special off-cycle pay process. One of the most notable changes, for example: You will now be able to enter earnings begin and end dates into the time collection page.
What is NOT changing with the weekly off-cycle processing:
- Business partners will be able to create time collection batches.
- Approval workflow for time collection will remain the same.
- Processing guidelines for the former special off-cycle process are still effective.
- My.Leave batches will NOT be processed on the weekly off cycle.
- Only batches in an approved status will be processed.
- Earnings codes that are eligible for the special off-cycle pay process today will also be available with the weekly off cycle.
- Weekly off-cycle time collection will close at noon each Tuesday. (*Exceptions to a Tuesday close are during monthly payroll processing. In these cases, we would likely move the close to a Monday or a Wednesday, depending on the monthly payroll schedule. We will communicate these changes through Pay Roles; user alertsand broadcast messages in the HRMS.)
- Payday for the off cycle will always be on a Friday. (Exceptions are banking holidays.)
- Biweekly and monthly on-cycle processing will not be impacted by this process.
- Retirement and all tax shelter deductions will be taken during this off cycle (Subset RTS).
- Term for Cause payments should be processed through hand-drawn warrants.
- The pay run ID for weekly off cycle will begin with ”OC” just as it does today with the special off cycle.
- This payroll should be limited to payments such as late pay, and one-time and exception payment requests.
- Users should make every effort to pay employees on the regular on-cycle payrolls.
- This cycle should not be used to pay employees earlier than their regularly scheduled payrolls.
What is changing:
- Time collection for the weekly off-cycle process will now be available to biweekly and monthly employees.
- Time collection will now allow business partners to enter earnings begin and end dates, as needed.
- This process allows business partners to use time collection for off-cycle processing rather than requesting hand drawns.
Important July off-cycle processing dates
- 9 a.m. Friday July 11 – noon Monday, July 15
Business partners can enter weekly time collection batches for the pay period ending Thursday, July 10, 2014. Payments processed on this cycle will be posted on Friday, July 18.
- 9 a.m. Friday, July 18 - noon *Monday, July 21
Business partners can enter weekly time collection batches for the pay period ending Thursday, July 17, 2014. Payments processed on this cycle will be posted on Friday, July 25.
*Note: This schedule has been modified due to monthly payroll processing
- 9 a.m. Friday, July 25 – noon Tuesday, July 29
Business partners can enter weekly time collection batches for the pay period ending July 24, 2014. Payments processed on this cycle will be posted on Friday, August 1.
To learn more about this process, please review the quick reference guide.