While the majority of Employee Services staff will work remotely to do our part to reduce community spread of the COVID-19 virus, our services will continue without interruption. We're dedicated to providing excellent service to every CU employee and every HCM user. You can still reach us by phone or email. If you have questions or need assistance, reach out at email@example.com or 303-860-4200, option 2.
New I-9, E-Verify procedure available
The University of Colorado’s newly digitized E-Verify process is now available. Prior to this conversion, campuses were processing and completing paper I-9 forms. As a result, campuses manually updated completion dates in HCM or submitted them to E-Verify by entering information in the Homeland Security E-Verify system (CU Denver/CU Anschutz only).
To make this process more streamlined for all campuses, we have implemented HireRight, which allows electronic I-9 and E-Verify processing. Campus HR and/or specific department users will have access through the portal, using Single Sign-On (SSO) to initiate the I-9 employment eligibility process. Below you can find detailed information about the new processes, where to find additional information and training resources that will help you transition to the new procedure.
- Electronic invitations: Future employee will receive an invitation to their personal email address inviting them to log into HireRight to complete their portion of the I-9 form.
- Storage in HireRight: Scan supporting documentation and electronically sign and submit documents.
- Employee data: Automatically send data to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for verification via E-Verify.
- Faster turnaround time: Results will typically be available in 5 minutes.
- Nightly feeds: Populate completion dates into HCM’s personal data pages. (This feature is scheduled for implementation later this year.)
Get more details with our step-by-step guide
Need some guidance? These resources demonstrate the process so your new employee can start in no time.
Learn about the new procedure: Watch a training webinar
HireRight hosted a 53-minute webinar detailing the new process, which is available for users to watch here.
You will learn:
- How to access the electronic I-9 form and complete section two.
- How the new E-Verify check works.
- Possible results and additional actions you may need to take.
More training is available
Additional I-9 and E-verify webinar trainings will be available at a later date should you need further information. Click here for the dates and times.