New I-9, E-Verify procedure available
The University of Colorado’s newly digitized E-Verify process is now available. Prior to this conversion, campuses were processing and completing paper I-9 forms. As a result, campuses manually updated completion dates in HCM or submitted them to E-Verify by entering information in the Homeland Security E-Verify system (CU Denver/CU Anschutz only).
To make this process more streamlined for all campuses, we have implemented HireRight, which allows electronic I-9 and E-Verify processing. Campus HR and/or specific department users will have access through the portal, using Single Sign-On (SSO) to initiate the I-9 employment eligibility process. Below you can find detailed information about the new processes, where to find additional information and training resources that will help you transition to the new procedure.
- Electronic invitations: Future employee will receive an invitation to their personal email address inviting them to log into HireRight to complete their portion of the I-9 form.
- Storage in HireRight: Scan supporting documentation and electronically sign and submit documents.
- Employee data: Automatically send data to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for verification via E-Verify.
- Faster turnaround time: Results will typically be available in 5 minutes.
- Nightly feeds: Populate completion dates into HCM’s personal data pages. (This feature is scheduled for implementation later this year.)
Get more details with our step-by-step guide
Need some guidance? These resources demonstrate the process so your new employee can start in no time.
Learn about the new procedure: Watch a training webinar
HireRight hosted a 53-minute webinar detailing the new process, which is available for users to watch here.
You will learn:
- How to access the electronic I-9 form and complete section two.
- How the new E-Verify check works.
- Possible results and additional actions you may need to take.
More training is available
Additional I-9 and E-verify webinar trainings will be available at a later date should you need further information. Click here for the dates and times.