It’s time to prepare for annual leave sweeps. Use this query to get started.
With summer approaching, it’s time to prepare for annual leave sweeps. Leave sweeps will be run on July 28, and we ask that all accrual adjustments be made using the VAA and SCA earnings codes by the 5 p.m. July 25 off-cycle deadline. Once sweeps are run, employees who have exceed their maximum vacation and sick hours will lose this time.
We’ll send you a variety of resources to guide you with this process. The first step: Pull a query that will only identify employees who have exceeded the maximum amount of sick and vacation hours based on the maximum accrual date listed for the employee in CU Leave Accrual summary. Ideally, you should run this query following each payroll.
You can access the query here: Main Menu> CU HCM User WorkCenter> Resources> Query Manager> CUES_HCM_LEAVE_SWEEP.
Ready to run the Leave Sweep query?
Once the query has run, consult these definitions to interpret the results. (For a refresher on accessing and running queries, check out this step-by-step guide.)
- LOS – Length of service. Only State Classified Staff will have LOS.
- Max Allowbl Sick – Maximum sick leave allowed as stated in State Personnel Rules. This only applies to Classified Staff. There will be no data for exempt professionals and 12-month Faculty.
- Frozen Sick Leave – Sick leave balance frozen as of June 30, 1988.
- EE Max Sick Leave – Max Allowbl Sick + Frozen Sick Leave. This is the maximum amount an employee may accrue.
- Accrued Sick Leave – This is based on the max accrual date listed for the employee in CU Leave Accrual summary.
- Excess Sick Leave – Accrued Sick Leave (–) EE Max Sick Leave.
- EE Sick Leave Adjust – Amount “swept” from the sick leave balance
- Max Allowbl Vacation – For state classified employees, this is the maximum accrual allowed based on Length of Service (LOS). For Exempt Professionals and 12-month Faculty, this is 352 hours.
- EE Accrued Vacation – This is based on the maximum accrual date listed for the employee in CU Leave Accrual summary.
- Intermed Vacation Adjust – Intermediate vacation adjustment. Max Allowbl Vacation (-) EE Accrued Vacation.
- 20% of Excess Sick – 20 percent of Excess Sick Leave, which should not exceed 16 hours
- Final Vacation Adjust – Net value between 20% of Excess Sick and Intermed Vacation Adjust
Notify your employees
If balances are incorrect, you will need to adjust them in CU Time using the VAA and SCA earnings codes. Please encourage affected employees to use their leave time or donate it before July 2017 payroll; Employees Services will run the vacation/sick leave sweep process after the July 2017 monthly payroll has processed.
Please contact payroll at 303-860-4200, option 2, or send an email to HCM_Community@cu.edu.