While the majority of Employee Services staff will work remotely to do our part to reduce community spread of the COVID-19 virus, our services will continue without interruption. We're dedicated to providing excellent service to every CU employee and every HCM user. You can still reach us by phone or email. If you have questions or need assistance, reach out at email@example.com or 303-860-4200, option 2.
HCM tips: Need to change your HCM preferences? We can show you how.
If you need to adjust your preferences in HCM, there are two ways to do it: Through the classic menu or the Actions List. From the My Preferences page, you can turn on accessibility features, personalize HCM features and more.
Note: Click on any image to enlarge it.
Use the classic menu
To use the classic menu, follow these steps:
1. Sign into the portal
2. Select CU Resources > Business Tools > HCM
3. Select My Preferences from the classic menu
Use the Actions List
To use the Actions List, follow the steps below:
1. Sign into the portal and access HCM
2. Select the Actions List and My Preferences (this option is not available in the drop down menu if you are not on an HCM page)
Adjust your settings
Once you are on the My Preferences page, you will be able to adjust to following settings:
- General options
- Regional settings
- System and application messages settings
- Navigation personalizations
- Advanced settings
A few preferences of note:
- In the General Options menu, the Accessibility Features menu let users enable features designed for visually impaired users or users employing screen readers, allowing users to better navigate and use the system.
- In the Navigation Personalize messages, users can set preferences such as enabling new window popups and tabbing through the system.