HCM Paying People Workshops show you the money
Have you registered for our fifth HCM Campus Workshop on Paying People? This workshop will be available on each campus and the CU System from Sept. 3-16.
Paying People reviews key changes to one-time, on- and off-cycle and contract pay. Handling employees’ payment is an important responsibility, so we encourage you to learn what’s new.
What you’ll learn
You perform different pay transactions based on paygroups. In the current system, payroll transactions are uploaded in “batches,” a time-consuming process that must be approved prior to payroll running.
To speed up this process, HCM will better integrate with MyLeave, CU’s time-tracking system. This means you'll no longer have to create “batch” transactions and can make retroactive time entries that feed directly into payroll. Put simply, corrections to employee’s time will update into their payments automatically.
New earning codes will also help clarify payments. In MyLeave, employees select an earning code, such as earned vacation time, that triggers an approval request from a manager or supervisor. Additional earning codes (such as Family/Medical Leave time) should help you process unique payment situations more accurately.
You'll also learn about new options to process contract pay, a common payment plan for certain faculty members. HCM will now display details of how much has been paid toward a contract and how much remains, as well as make automatic calculations depending on the contract schedule.
In short, HCM will simplify basic payment tasks and make revisions much easier, saving you time and speeding up business processes as a whole.
After the Paying People Workshop, the final training session will focus on HCM reviews and reports. Later this fall, you’ll have the opportunity to test drive the system yourself at Structured and Open labs, where subject-matter experts will be available to answer your questions and share tips for success.
There’s still time to register!
There are some open spots for workshops on HCM Transactions, Paying People and Review & Reports. To register, check availability on your campus at www.cu.edu/elevate/hcm-training and follow these steps:
- Log in to my.cu.edu
- On the right-hand menu, click Training
- Click Start SkillSoft
- Click Catalog
- Click CU Instructor Led Training (the second folder in the list)
- Click Elevate: HCM Campus Workshops
- There are six training topics. Click on the topic you’d like to attend.
- Click on the small calendar icon in the left corner of the window. It will open a table that displays the dates, times, and locations of the workshops.
- Once you’ve found a session that works for your schedule, click Enroll on the furthest column to the right. You’ll be emailed an enrollment confirmation, which you can link to your Outlook calendar.
HCM Overview now available online
We’ve published an online version of the HCM Overview Workshop on SkillSoft, our learning management system. This course is a prerequisite for subsequent workshops.To access the virtual HCM Overview Workshop, follow the steps 1-4 above, then:
- Click University of Colorado - Courses.
- Click your campus folder.
- Select the HCM folder.
- Select the CU: HCM Overview Workshop and click [Launch].