Get ready for fall contract renewals with these deadlines and tips
Summer is rolling on, and that means faculty contract renewals will be rolling in. Owing to the unusual circumstances we find ourselves in with the COVID-19 pandemic, this year it’s important to make sure any faculty currently on leave are considered during the contract renewal process.
Here are the crucial deadlines to keep an eye on as the fall semester approaches:
- 07/10/20 – Last day for faculty to change their elections.
- 07/14/20 – Employee Services will send to Human Resources departments a list of faculty who are set to be renewed. The list will be sorted by department ID; HR departments will send individual departments their lists to be checked for accuracy.
- 7/14/20 – List of faculty currently on leave with no return date will be sent to departments. Any faculty who need to be renewed must be returned from leave by the first day of the new academic year.
- 7/24/20 – Last day for HR departments to send any renewal list revisions to Employee Services.
- 08/03/20 – Employee Services will run the Contract Renewal Process.
- 08/05/20 – Employee Services will send to HR departments the list of all faculty who have been renewed. The list will be sorted by department ID, and HR will send the renewal list to individual departments.
If you’d like a refresher, check out the Working With Contracts Guide.